Plinker revolver

Shima

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have one, but have shot a Ruger Single Six in both .22lr and .22 wmr. If I were going to buy one to use as a plinker and just a fun shooter, that would be it.

+1 I have had one for years. Everybody I let shoot it loves it.

The Ruger Single Six will give years of fun and still be ready to pass down to your kids. We also have a Taurus 94 that has been a good plinker. My favorite is an old Iver Johnson Sealed-Eight target pistol. For accuracy, nothing beats the Colt Trooper with a 6" barrel!

I shoot lots of Aguila Colibri .22 in the back yard as they are very quiet. For target use, I like Remington Target standard velocity, as it seems to be just as accurate as higher-priced target ammo, but priced near to normal plinking ammo.

100_0232.jpg

Ruger Single Six. This one has interchangeable cylinders (.22LR and .22Mag)

100_0254.jpg

Ruger BearCats are great, too.

These are mine. I've since swapped out the wood grips on the SS for black pearl.

I need to get the camera out again....

My father has an H&R 9 shot .22LR revolver. I love that thing, too.

My first pistol was a Single Six. I love them.

Heritage makes a cheap little clone of the Single Six that seems well liked for the price, but it isn't a Ruger.

I have been thinking of picking up a Walther P22 for plinking and getting my wife to warm up to guns, but I don't care for how it fits in my hand.

I love my Model 18 Smith and Wesson 4" revolver. They're hard to find, but if you can get your hands on one, you won't be sorry! I don't have a photo handy, but it looks like a heavy barrel model 10.

SM150478.jpg

Looks like this one, only well worn.

You got it I also have a Mag cylinder for it I will bring along.

You wanna meet up after work one day or wait on the meet & shoot??

We may be able to get together before the shoot one weekend, but weekdays are pretty full. I'll holler at ya sometime.