Glock getting sold?

Guest MoonMan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

If a group that large already really "Wants" a handgun company....I would bet they will get one eventually. $$$$ do speak in volumes.

It will be interesting to see how it all turns out...;)

Guest JHatmaker

I would imagine that if Glock is bought by another company or group, there wouldn't be a noticeable difference between the two on the consumer end (at least I hope not)

Guest Boogieman

The new management (if bought) might have the "Don't screw with what ain't broke" policy. Glock has a solid rep and that is why they make so much money so it'd be pretty stupid to shake things up. Theres always the chance they'd risk it and bomb out though.........;)

Glock doesn’t have a solid reputation. That’s why you see all the Glock bashing/hatin’ going on. No matter which side of the argument you are on you have to agree that a large percentage of the market thinks either they are not safe or they are junk.

How much money do they make? I have no idea. How would a financial expert rate them? I would guess they had a large market share because the sold guns to Police Departments cheap; which gave them the civilian market. S&W has taken a serious bite out of the LE market with the M&P.

Guest Boogieman
Glock doesn’t have a solid reputation. That’s why you see all the Glock bashing/hatin’ going on. No matter which side of the argument you are on you have to agree that a large percentage of the market thinks either they are not safe or they are junk.

How much money do they make? I have no idea. How would a financial expert rate them? I would guess they had a large market share because the sold guns to Police Departments cheap; which gave them the civilian market. S&W has taken a serious bite out of the LE market with the M&P.

I'm not a Glock fan at all but you have to admit their popularity. That is what I meant by a solid rep, the large amount of consumers who have bought and continue to buy them. Personally I hope S&W knocks them off their pedestal, but on an even playing field not because some douche in a suit decided to make a "change".

I'm not a Glock fan at all but you have to admit their popularity. That is what I meant by a solid rep, the large amount of consumers who have bought and continue to buy them. Personally I hope S&W knocks them off their pedestal, but on an even playing field not because some douche in a suit decided to make a "change".

Smith and Wesson is not immune to the 'douche in a suit" problem either. I own several of their guns, but S&W has had their share of crap too.

I'm just not sure how this would work out. Yes, at the right price everything is for sale, but I'm not aware of any financial issues Glock is having, therefore they would be priced at a staggering premium. In order for Freedom to make any money, they'd have to figure out a way to make Glocks cheaper or sell them at higher prices. Either way, the Glock brand name would take a serious hit.

However, if Glock and DPMS are put under the same umbrella, it could give us the GL-15 that so many people are dreaming of.

Don't care either way, really, unless the 17 I'm looking at goes up to $750.

Mac

I love the ACR. My point (not illustrated in the picture) was the expected 1500 dollar msrp = 3200 dollar msrp.

None of these PE firms buy a company to run it as is. It's all about increasing profits. That happens in a lot of different ways, and is almost never good for the consumer. Consolidation in the gun industry is not a good thing... it NEVER is.

None of these PE firms buy a company to run it as is. It's all about increasing profits. That happens in a lot of different ways, and is almost never good for the consumer. Consolidation in the gun industry is not a good thing... it NEVER is.

AMEN! Preach it brotha man!

However, if Glock and DPMS are put under the same umbrella, it could give us the GL-15 that so many people are dreaming of.

Mac

I did get an email (survey) from DPMS recently asking about what i would suggest if they were to start making a pistol. Had a ton of questions mainly geared at why I would buy a pistol from them over some other company. This is probably old news but I haven't seen it anywhere else yet (although I'm new to this forum). Something to think about though, they obviously are already.