Model 19 Glock

Guest HogMan

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a number of them through the shop and so got to fondle them. They are the station wagon of handguns. Big enough to be full sized, small enough to be compact, grip that will fit most people tolerably enough, reliable, good capacity, cheap to service and buy parts for. In all a very safe choice. Yeah, others are sexier or will fit some people better, but for an all-around good handgun it's hard to beat.

Guest canynracer

I dont own one, I have shot alot of them... I know they are a workhorse..little bulky for me, but easy to field strip, and they can take a beating and still function.

others may disagree, I joke about them alot, My buddies are all cops, and they use them for off duty guns, and some use them for duty guns...

Have you compared it to the S&W M&P or the Springfield XD? Find a shop where you can hold all three and find the one that fits you best. All three are nice pistols but one might fit you better than the others. And all three are good pieces of tupperware.

I just picked up a 45 M&P from Joe at Hero Gear, night sights and an active safety included.

One of the best things about tupperware is they come in various calibers for you to choose from in all three of those brands.

I try out various guns and have bought, sold and traded more than I should have. Oddly enough I still have the Glock 19 I got 4 years ago. I am going to try out the S&W M&P and that H&K45 looks interesting if it is produced. In the maturation of polymer I would think that Glock would want to retain market share that is being eaten up by adjustable grip polymer pistols. I am hoping the Glock 30SF (short frame) has a somewhat better feel for me than the G30.

The Glock 19 is a very good pistol: reliable, easy to self-service, inexpensive and easily accessable parts and aftermarket stuff. Pretty easy to carry concealed. It is a hard pistol to fault. Its greatest virtues are: shoots any ammo pretty well and is durable.

My daily carry gun is a 3rd gen Glock 19. I pretty much concur with what has been said so far -you simply can't go wrong if it fits your hands well. Utterly reliable, easy to field strip, clean, maintain, accessorize, etc. Just don't over-lube (Glocks like VERY LITTLE lube -one tiny drop in about 4 places does it.) and make sure you have a holster that works for the gun -many Glock ADs come from poor trigger finger positioning when drawing/re-holstering.

Some berate the 9mm, but its better today than it ever has been. "It aint your daddy's 9mm!" as I just read in some gun rag.

I have a G19- like it a lot. Bought it for reliability, lower price than many weapons, 9mm ammo is cheaper, my wife can shoot the G19 well, etc etc.

Just got a Glock 26 which is the baby brother of the G19. 10 rd 9mm magazine but it can use the mags from the G19. It is a little smaller, thus a little more easy to conceal.

I'll probably get a full sized Glock at some point. Glock around the clock.

Guest Hyaloid
I'm issued an XD45, but if I could go to work and choose my pistol, it would be a G19.

It's my choice in a fighting handgun.

My 19 must be defective, it ain't picked any fights yet.

Guest Medic908

G19 was my first handgun (bought it for $385 NIB at a gunshow when living in VA circa 1995). Gave it to my brother after my father bought me a G31.

I miss it - very accurate straight out of the box.

Rock out with your Glock out! :eek:

Guest theolog

The 19 is my favorite all-around Glock.

You know those stupid "if you could only own one gun, what would it be" threads? The 19 seems to be mentioned an awful lot!

I've owned maybe 30 pistols and currently only own two. The Glock 19 is the only gun I carry anymore.

Guest lorenzo

Bought a G19 last June. So far, I've fed it about 5 different brands of ammo and it likes 'em all. You won't go wrong. My wife used it to qualify for her carry permit and even though she had never shot it before, did quite well with it. It shoots better than either of us.