What's in Tennessee?

Spaeking of which... Its NEXT SATURDAY May, 29!

heritage-day-2010.JPG

May - Celebrating the Heritage of Granville and Its Ancestry

29th - The 12th Annual Heritage Day in Granville featuring an Antique Car Show,

an Antique Tractor Show, The Annual Jimmy Thompson Bluegrass Festival

Competition, The Ralph Maddox Motor Cycle Show, The U.S. Army Jazz

Ambassadors Free Concert at the Veteran's Park, Civil War Living History

Demonstrations and Children's Rides, a Parade, Square Dancing, Clogging,

Storytelling, Book Signings, Local Artisans from the UCAA, and Craftsmen along the streets.

Lunch will be served at the Sutton General Store lunch counter or in the dining room. Food Vendor Booths will be available, and other area businesses such as The Granville Market and The Granville Marina will also be serving lunches.

Always a great car show and cool things to see. Last year they had a CSA general doing free tours and story telling, and the sound of cannon fire echoing off the water was a very cool effect. Also the little museum had lots to see and if you like bluegrass music you'd be in luck.

Edited by adamween
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oldsmobile98

You can take a long-range course at Barrett in Murfreesboro. Kinda expensive, though.

I wish they did tours of their factory. Now that I would pay to see.

Blount County has the Foothills Fall Festival.

Predators (hockey) and Titans (football) in Nashville. The Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's house) is not far from town.

Knoxville has the Vols and the World's Fair Park, including the Sunsphere.

Edited by oldsmobile98
Guest Sgt. Joe

Another Annual Strawberry Festival in Humboldt was just held a week or two ago.

The Shannon Street Blues Fest, early part of June each year.

( I always thought they should have called it Jackson in June to play off of Memphis in May) They didnt but it has still grown each year and is coming up soon.

Trenton Holds a Tea Cup Festival each year but I dont recall when.

Jackson is home to...

The Rockabilly Hall of Fame....Not big but cool if you are here.

The Casey Jones Village...again not very big but has VERY good eats and you can rent a rail car for a motel room.

Host of the NAIA Womens Basketball Championship each year.:up:

Host of the Ms. Tennessee Pageant each year.:up:

Small Museum at Pinson Mounds Indian Burial Grounds, south of Jackson.

And a HUGE +++ for Shiloh National Park/ Battlefield Memorial

Picwick Dam and Lake south of Savannah TN....camping, fishing and boat rentals.

I believe there's a tow truck museum in Chattanooga, but I don't know anything else about it. There's the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville, too.

The Holmes wrecker body company makes nearly all wrecker bodies, and it's home is in Chattanooga. It is a really neat museum, although my wife disagrees. You'd enjoy it, 56 FordGuy. There are a lot of things to do in Chattanooga. The Lookouts have a nice stadium. There is a riverboat cruise, an aquarium, Lookout mountain, Ruby Falls, Rock City, you can ride a "duck", an amphibious military vehicle, across the river. Though technically not on Tennessee, there is a great little amusement park just across the Georgia line called Lake Winniepasauka.

There are many nice State and National parks in Tennessee that are well worth exploring. Among my favorites are Fall Creek Falls, Reelfoot Lake, and Big South Fork. Just over in Kentucky, Stearns to be exact, is an old coal mining town where you can ride a train through. There is live music at the depot and everything. It is well worth the visit.

History, History, History! Tennessee was one of the first places our ancestors crossed the Appalachian Mountains. We have many great pioneer sites like Fort Watauga, Tipton-Haynes House, The Govenor John Sevier Home at Marble Springs, James White's Fort, Fort Loudon, Fort Southwest Point, Manskers Station, and Fort Nashboro. Tennessee was also the 2nd most fought over state in the War of Northern Aggression with historic sites like Fort Donelson, Fort Defiance, The Carter House, the Lotz House, Carnton, Shiloh, Fort Pillow, Shiloh, Point Park on Lookout Mountain, Shiloh (can you tell I like Shiloh) Missionary Ridge, Chickamauga (actually in Ga. but close enough) etc. The list of historical sites is endless, but my fingers are tired. :-)

TK47

Guest HvyMtl

Jack Daniel's International Bar B Que Competition (October) Lynchburg

Delta Queen, Aquarium, Choo-Choo in Chattanooga (aquarium ranked #1 in US on trip advisor)

Cheekwood (50th anniversary this year)

Sports from the Predators to the Titans. Tons of AA and AAA baseball across the state.

The Hermitage (3rd most visited Presidential Home, behind Mt. Vernon and Montecello.)

The real gems are the State Parks.

Too many things to list.

Homepage - Riverbend Festival

The Riverbend Festival is an internationally award winning 9 day music festival! Located in the heart of Chattanooga, Tennessee there is no better way to enjoy your summer. Riverbend takes place on the 21st Century Waterfront along the Tennessee River. Boasting five stages with over 100 bands featuring world class entertainment ranging from classic rock, jam bands, country, urban and bluegrass! Riverbend draws over 600,000 patrons annually. We offer countless activities to participate in during Riverbend. Come enjoy our Children's Village, Mobile exhibits, Bluec