Any TGOers at Stones River Tomorrow?

I'm heading out there (pistol range only, I think) with a couple friends around 10:00ish. If you're inclined to say hello, I'll be wearing a blue Chicago Cubs cap under my 'muffs...it's one of the old logos from the 60s, so if you see a pale white fellow about 30 or so, 6' tall, and just getting started on a beer belly, with a blue hat, that's likely me...Honestly, just look for freckles and unimpressive grouping.:D

Anybody who is looking at Sig Elite 229s or XDm 9s are welcome to try mine; just identify yourself as a member and provide the ammo.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

You should shoot down at Charlie Haffner's range off Owl Hollow Rd in Spring Hill. It's closer, and you don't have to worry about always setting your gun down at a perfect 90 degree angle or get yelled at.... :D

I've actually never had a issue at Stones River. But they are pretty Nazi-ish there...

You should shoot down at Charlie Haffner's range off Owl Hollow Rd in Spring Hill. It's closer, and you don't have to worry about always setting your gun down at a perfect 90 degree angle or get yelled at.... :confused:

I've actually never had a issue at Stones River. But they are pretty Nazi-ish there...

I need to get down there and join sometime, but the guys I'm shooting with today live closer to the lake.

As far as the RSOs go, I've seen them get aggressive, but never without the retard level being pretty high.

• 2 months later...

@StPatrick

Thank you for taking up for Stones River. We love repeat customers that know the routine and appreciate the safety of our range.

@JHatmaker

You do not have problems with the RSOs when you come because you obviously are a good, safe shooter. Only people that are not safe and do dumb things have a problem when they come here.

We strive to have a good safe range for people to come and shoot without fear of something unsafe happening. There is nothing that would ruin a good day at the range worse than someone getting shot. We have so many customers at Stones River now that there is a waiting list most days. So for those guys that don't want to follow our rules and do dumb things like shoot up the range can go somewhere else. It will not hurt my feelings at all.