My new Rock thanks to Bellshire Hardware

I paid Phil a visit about a year ago and picked up the same gun but mine has checkered grips.

Phil told me that the checkered grips were a total fluke on the part of somebody @ Armscor and were never meant to be. Kinda wish mine had them though.

Edit: Took care of factory grips.

67b132b1.jpg

Edited by jtluttrell
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Range update.

Went to break in my new Rock and broke it instead. Fired 2 rounds and it locked up solid. I liked to never got it apart. The recoil spring reverse plug slipped out of it's place in the slide which put the guide rod in a bind. Must have happened on the first shot. Shot number 2 put a gouge on the plug which kept it from sliding back into the slide recess.

Got home, called Arnel in Nevada. He said he would send me another plug. He also said if the plug was not seated properly, it would do that. I think I had it seated properly, as the plug and rod were flush with the muzzle. After shot 2, the rod was sticking out about a half inch. Since a new part was coming, I filed the oop's off of the plug and reinstalled. Was only able to fire it 3 times in my yard, but seems fine now. I'll see what a real range session reveals.

Here is the part.

DSCN3999Small.jpg

You know i'd take it back to the dealer. Any reputable dealer should have inspected the gun before selling it and should replace the gun with no questions asked. At least thats what I would have done, and you would have gotten a better price too... GAURANTEED!!!

Guest hickok45

I've had a couple of dealings with Phil lately, for the first time. He seems to be a great fellow! I'd read that he was in local forum posts.

You know i'd take it back to the dealer. Any reputable dealer should have inspected the gun before selling it and should replace the gun with no questions asked. At least thats what I would have done, and you would have gotten a better price too... GAURANTEED!!!

Well, it very well could have been my fault that this happened. If I didn't seat the plug properly on reassembly, this could happen. Hasn't happened again. They sent the new plug and it's shooting great.

And I doubt I could have gotten it any cheaper anywhere else.

Guest db99wj
Well, it very well could have been my fault that this happened. If I didn't seat the plug properly on reassembly, this could happen. Hasn't happened again. They sent the new plug and it's shooting great.

Unless you went to see Phil!!!:P

Anyway, nice piece. One day when the bills get less, I'll have one of those!

Guest db99wj
I did go see Phil. That's where I bought it.

Edit: Oh, I get it. The other Phil.

My bad, I could have said Phillip or glockmeister.:P

Well on guns we beat ANY local competitors pricing.. actually we GUARANTEE IT! Been doing that for 18 years. Full boat retail on that piece, the compact tactical, is $615 plus tax/tics... We sell them everyday in the shop for $515 out the door including tax/tics. Your TGO discounted price is $465 out the door including tax/tics. If you can get a dealer to match that price, make them give you a quote on a card then we will still beat them. Simple as that.

But hey its not a real biggie, but the next time your in the market for any firearm please come in and see me or any other supporting vendor on TGO. Tell them your a TGOer, because being a supporting vendor here I try to give you guys even a better deal... they should too... Then get ready to buy... because the price you will get from me and you should get from other supporting vendors otta have you reaching for your wallet.

:P

• Administrator

I think this thread has served its purpose.

Folks, please do our Vendors a favor and give them a chance to earn your business. I don't mind people stating that they got good service somewhere else but I do hope that our Vendors are being thought of as well.

Thanks.