Ruger 10/22 Pays Tribute to M-1 Carbine

Guest SUNTZU

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of these popping up lately and some are even cheaper and come in blonde as well. I love the idea and will probably build one of these since the carbines are way out of my price range right now.

That's cool. I'm not sure if it's cool enough to coax me out of $130.00, but cool nonetheless.

Plus another $70 for the sights. And another $20 for the sling and oil bottle if you want one. So $220 altogether. Which pretty much doubles the cost of the 10/22 itself. But then it's not about practicality. And I still want to make one.

Plus another $70 for the sights. And another $20 for the sling and oil bottle if you want one. So $220 altogether. Which pretty much doubles the cost of the 10/22 itself. But then it's not about practicality. And I still want to make one.

$220.00, plus the cost of the 10/22, and I think you're close to the cost of an M1 Carbine!

I'd like to see one of these in person. Is the stock a completely new item, or a refit M1 stock?

it looks nice and all, but after doing the math I can get a real carbine for around $500. So honestly what's the draw for a copy besides plinkability ?

The cost of .30 Carbine ammo compared to .22LR makes a huge difference. Almost like a .22LR conversion for a AR.

And almost the same cost.

Something else I just thought of is that the M1 carbine was issued alot to smaller statured individuals such as the South Vietnamese.

I have a 10/22 that my kids use occasionally, but the buttstock was kinda long for my son when he was 12. He's 15 1/2 now so it isn't a problem now, but if you have younguns, these would be ideal for them. Plus that can be the hook you can use to get it past the missus if you have that problem.