30 pairs of sunglasses

Guest jackdm3

Guest jackdm3

A 44-year-old woman was arrested Tuesday and charged with stealing 30 pairs of eyeglasses from six stores across the Memphis area.

The estimated "value" is over $10,000 for 30 glasses.

Do the math on that. I'll wait.

That's right. $333.00 per pair minimum. What the hell kinda store did she frequent to jack that total? Or some department store is grandly flubbing the numbers for an insurance claim.

kb, can you tell us how they come up with these bull$h!+ numbers?

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/may/19/crime-report-woman-charged-stealing-44-pairs-sungl/

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fourspdRAT

There's plenty of $400+ sunglasses out there. Sadly, people actually pay that much for them, too..... Well, except for this lady.

The estimated "value" is over $10,000 for 30 glasses.

kb, can you tell us how they come up with these bull$h!+ numbers?

The article says that the affidavit lists $10,506.00 as the loss. That's an average of $350.20 per pair. At first I was wondering if it was a burglary where they lumped damages and loss together, but I don't see any charges on her that suggest she damaged anything or "broke in" anywhere. The charges I see pending on her are 2 counts of Theft of Property $500 - $1000, 8 counts of Theft of Property $1000 to $10000, and 2 counts of Theft of Property $10000 - $60000. She's been stealing more than sunglasses it seems...

But, for the $10,506 in sunglasses... musta been some bad @ss sunglasses...

Guest Glock23ForMe

I'll stick with my gangsta shades....

Sunglasses-Kanye-West-004.jpg

Honestly, the Oakley's I wear retail for $190, but got them for $85 new from a buddy in the military and his discount. :2cents:

Guest db99wj

My Oakleys that I got 10 years ago, were around $150 at an Oakley outlet. They are C-wires. I've replaced the lenses twice, need to again, $50 each time. The spring in one of the arms blew up, sent to Oakley, they fixed them for cost of postage, that was 2 years ago. If you are not in a habit of losing sunglasses, and expensive set are worth it.

Guest 70below

Cheaper the better for me........I go through sunglasses constantly. I had the expensive sunglasses when I was younger, and they always ended up toast in no time.

This woman better have not been stealing those ridiculous huge sunglasses like Paris Hilton and all the wannabe's are wearing now.....those make me sick.

Guest Glock23ForMe
My brother works at a Sunglass place in Green Hills and he regularly sells glasses in the $200-$300 range.... Mainly women.

Would kill the wife.....