conceal carry to Disney world

Guest Gillespk

My understanding of Florida gun laws is that Disney has a special exemption built into them. They, unlike Tennessee, don't even allow employers to forbid guns locked in employees cars on the property. But the loophole is for manufacturers of "explosives". This was put in the law specifically for Disney because they make fireworks. It was written in such a way as to not make it sound like it was only for them, but it was. So basically, Disney is the only place in Florida that can ban you from having a weapon, period.

Not exactly.

Florida said that you cant bar people. Disney said oh yes we can because we have a license for explosives because of all the fireworks. They dont manufacture the fireworks they just store them and set them off.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RevScottie
Depends on how long he thinks he can get away with his hand on my wife's ass!

He's just checking her pockets to make sure he has got every last dime out of them :panic:

Guest ADAM
Two nights later... Disney's SRT Team complete with Mickey ears bust open your door and scream "¡Policia!" complete with their toy guns and silly string spray...

I wasnt going to mention that. Silly string can be brutal.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I wasnt going to mention that. Silly string can be brutal.

For real...

Standard issue for Disney's SRT Team.....

silly-string-rifle.jpg

and then there's this guy...

3042979569_64e38ba711.jpg

"Ze Area es Secure"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gillespk

Just as a follow up. I had a friend email Disney and their response was no guns in parks or resorts. Not supposed to even have gun in room safe. Their guidance was to lock it in resort safe deposit box, park security lockers, or leave it in the car. I received this info after my trip. For me, it stayed in the room safe my entire trip with no issues.

Guest wdb45

I made the mistake in Knoxville at a Hilton of leaving an empty holster lying beside my bed. A maid saw it and told the front desk. When I returned I had a message asking me to come to the front desk. Upon arriving there I was told that they did not allow weapons in the hotel. After sharing that I had a CCW and stating that I could leave it in my car the manager, in a round-about way, told me to keep it out of sight. I've just been careful not to do the same again.

Guest 270win

Are there metal detectors now at Disney World in Florida? I haven't been down there in quite a long time. If there aren't, I would carry....but that's me....to each his own. I have traveled to Florida....signs don't have any legal standing..all Disney can do is ask you to leave...it's not like you can go to jail. I carry a small gun so it hides well....carried it to baseball games and concerts...if i can get it past the gate people there then i can get into Disney.