God dishes out no more than you can take

First of all, I just want to say that my thoughts are with you Mike. Try to stay positive, as hard as that may be to do. And know that a lot of people here genuinely care about you and want the best for you. Take comfort in whatever it is that YOU believe in. Best wishes to you and yours.

Second, I have no desire to get into this increasingly mean-spirited religious debate. Please take it elsewhere people, and don't destroy this man's thread asking for help and comfort. You know who you are, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.:rolleyes:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, sometimes we do have more than we can bear. A lot actually. I would speak to you about God, I think others have already, and more eloquently than I could, but I would like to add my two cents.

I have seen the very bottom of Hell.

At least I thought so at the time.

It's all relevant. My son is nine years old. My first wife died nine years ago, from complications due to child birth. I watched her close her eyes for the last time when he was about 12 hours old. I planned a funeral, and took an infant home to raise by myself. I couldn't look at him for quite some time without seeing his mother die, and I hated myself for blaming him and hated myself for blaming myself. I blamed God, I blamed the hospital, doctors, and everyome involved. I blamed her for dying and leaving me alone with this child that I had no idea how to raise. I needed her, and she died. You can see why I hated myself for the self pity, and wondering why God could allow anything like that to happen. Then, I just couldn't take it anymore. I never considered ending it all, simply for the fact that I had a squalling baby boy with a full diaper that needed me more than anything in the world. Heck, I couldn't even get out that way.

I was feeding my son one night when he was 2 months old, about 1:30 or 2 in the morning, and I had finally taken more than I could bear. That's when I let go of all that hate, resentment, self-loathing, and blame. I couldn't do it anymore by myself, and no one except Him could help me. I broke down and gave it all away, including my heart. I see my wife everytime I see my boy, and now it's only because he reminds me so much of her.

Some folks have an opinion of God that he doesn't exist, like the flying spaghetti monster, and some have the opinion that he doesn't care. Personally, they are entitled to those opinions, but I say that if you have had more than you can bear, it is likely His way of bringing you back to Him.

Sorry for being long winded.

Guest Bluemax

Mike. Sorry to hear your troubled, but troubles pass my friend. We all let ourselves get down sometimes but try and focus on the positive. Just from meeting you and that circle of retrobates you hang out with: not to mention the outpouring of concern and well wishes on this thred tells me that you are blessed more than you realize. This did kinda turn in to a religious debate and if you find comfort in prayer, thats fantastic. If your not the type to wear a WWJD bracelet, then wear a WWJWD bracelet ( What Would John Wayne Do ). I look foward to seeing you at the Knoxville show Saturday and if you want to grab a beer and shoot the S*&t aftewards, we're on

Everyone here is something else, all of you should be real proud of yourselves. I am proud to be associated with all of you. I wish I had words of comfort for those of you who made me realize I have no problems.

Again from the bottom of my heart ( which I found out in the last 24 hours I still have) thank you.

Several people have gone above and beyond to reach out to me, you know who you are and I hope someday I can repay your kindness , if not to you then to someone in need.

( also If I missed replying to anyone's PM know that I read it and deeply appreciate your thoughts and kind words)

I joined this thread late because I've been pulling 12 hour work days but I just want to add to it just a bit.

Mike, you were one of the first people I've met from TGO and right away I could tell that I had met a great group of people here on TGO. I have no idea what's going on in your personal life but I hope you get it worked out.

And if you need someone to have a cold beer with and talk through all this, I'm just a PM away.

I'll be praying for you.

Guest Ae-35

When it's more than you can take ,HE will take you out of here. Now I didn't say, when it's more than you want to take. How do I know? You could ask TNnixon, Trevor, walked in my room one night in CICU at Vandy. I had quite a conversation, and he wasn't part of it. I could write a book about ( not a short story ) what happened between Mar. 30, 1998 and July 24 !998. In short, when you meet me, you will see a walk'n , talk'n , God given miracle. Mike you will be in our prayers. I don't need to know anything, He does.

Edited by Ae-35
spelling
It is grating that seemingly intelligent, reasonable people can believe in something as silly and on the same level as the flying spaghetti monster.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian, but I found that funny. ;)

Behold his noodly appendages!

flyingspaghettimonster.png

Guest Jamie

Second, I have no desire to get into this increasingly mean-spirited religious debate.

Man if you think anybody here has been mean-spirited you're either way too thin-skinned or you seriously need to get out more, 'cause this has been one of the most civil "religious debates" I've ever seen.

Seems to me that the reason for that is everyone is more concerned for Mike than they are anything, and are doing their best to offer advice they think will help.

The fact that someone else may not like that advice is of little importance. As the saying goes, it's the thought that counts.

And it would appear that it has helped, if only a little. And that is the important part.

Anyway... Glad you're feeling better, Mike.

J.

Mike I've missed this thread until just a few minutes ago and have read all of the posts.

I can relate to that feeling of being completely overwhelmed and I want you to know that you are in my prayers. My God is enough!

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help.

The court date today was for the order of protection to be lifted. We won that going away. There is no order of protection preventing my daughter from seeing her son or being within 500 feet of the father. There is another court date for domestic assault which our attorney is totally confident will be tossed out or she will be found not guilty. I do not believe she has guilt in this and it is trumped up to steal away my grandson from her. The judge is the same for both cases and when removing the order today commented that clearly the boys father was the aggressor in this.

( score one for us)

Our attorney advised that she file for custody here in TN as soon as she gets back here. That would be Friday morning. He also advised her to not snag the boy and leave Florida just yet. File for custody first.

At any rate I am broke now, and he told me we do not need an attorney to file for this. That the forms to do so are available on the net. My problem is I can't find them out there.

What I am looking for is a pro se form for her to file for custody of the boy. The paperwork would be filed at the courthouse here in Knox County.

I don't know what to do, but I have to get my grandson back here. Florida is a hell hole and no 8 year old needs to be raised there. Basically his father trumped up charges at my daughter and legally stole the boy away.

Any advice would be appreciated.

have you tried...

Legal Aid Of East Tennessee

Primary Address: 502 S. Gay St. 404

City: Knoxville

State: TN

Zipcode: 37902

General Phone: 865-637-0484

Fax: 865-525-1162

Intake Phone: 865-637-0484

Counties Served: Bledsoe, Blount, Bradley, Carter, Cocke, Grainger, Greene, Hamblen, Hamilton, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Loudon, McMinn, Marion, Meigs, Monroe, Polk, Rhea, Sequatchie, Sevier, Sullivan, Unicoi, Washington

Case Types: Adoption, Bankruptcy, Consumer, Child Custody, Dissolution of Marriage, Domestic Violence, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Health, Housing, Immigration, Individual Rights, Juvenile, Public Benefits, Real Estate, Torts, Wills

Other Case Types: Business Taxes

Case Restrictions: LSC restrictions

thanks for the help, I am in full blown panic mode and have contacted an attorney. I was referred to a woman by the guy who defended me a couple years ago.

I am hopeful that something can be done by Friday.

But of course the cart is in front of the horse. I am waiting on a call back.

thanks for the legal aid info particulary. I will ask this lady about that when she returns my call.

Guest Jamie
thanks for the help, I am in full blown panic mode and have contacted an attorney. I was referred to a woman by the guy who defended me a couple years ago.

I am hopeful that something can be done by Friday.

But of course the cart is in front of the horse. I am waiting on a call back.

thanks for the legal aid info particulary. I will ask this lady about that when she returns my call.

Mike, having been through similar issues with the wife's ex, all I can say is good luck and hang in there. It will eventually go your way, but it may be a lengthy battle.

This is going to be one of those times when, no matter how hard it gets, you've just gotta keep your head down, keep putting one foot in front of the other, and keep going.

The advantage you and your daughter have that we didn't was that you can get things going in TN from the very start. That should make things much easier for you, and much harder for your daughter's ex.

J.

Guest mn32768
I need some help.

What I am looking for is a pro se form for her to file for custody of the boy. The paperwork would be filed at the courthouse here in Knox County.

Mike, my wife is a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) for the Knox County Juvenile Court. She tells me that all that your daughter (or you) needs to do is go to the Knox County Juvenile Court (off of Sutherland next to John Tarleton Park), go to the receptionist (his name is Mike) and ask for forms for filing for custody. They'll walk you through the process. There's a filing fee but it's less than $100. If you need more details about the forms or the process, PM me... Good luck, I hope it works out for the best!

Guest SUNTZU

This place is full of all kinds of information and helpful people. Well, except for strickj. :rock:

Mike, we'll pick up forms then pick up beer. Call me when you want to make the run. I'm thinking Friday for the forms then beer afterwards.

Mike, my wife is a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) for the Knox County Juvenile Court. She tells me that all that your daughter (or you) needs to do is go to the Knox County Juvenile Court (off of Sutherland next to John Tarleton Park), go to the receptionist (his name is Mike) and ask for forms for filing for custody. They'll walk you through the process. There's a filing fee but it's less than $100. If you need more details about the forms or the process, PM me... Good luck, I hope it works out for the best!

wow, that is huge news, thank you

PS: nice sig line :P

This place is full of all kinds of information and helpful people. Well, except for strickj. :P

Mike, we'll pick up forms then pick up beer. Call me when you want to make the run. I'm thinking Friday for the forms then beer afterwards.

thanks Dan, I will be in touch

and don't be hard on Strickj, he does what he can.

Edited by Mike.357