Restaurant carry Vetoed!

Guest JC1848
But you realize that they normally only go 90 days in a year. Of course, that doesn't count travel time. But heck, I do alot of work for my own company in which I don't charge the client and don't get paid for. So they make $201 a day if you divide the money among 90 days of "work."

Matthew

That is true. I was just thinking it would have been more.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you realize that they normally only go 90 days in a year. Of course, that doesn't count travel time. But heck, I do alot of work for my own company in which I don't charge the client and don't get paid for. So they make $201 a day if you divide the money among 90 days of "work."

Matthew

Actually the 90 days are 90 days of "Floor Sessions" they go to and/or are in Nashville many more days than that, for committee meetings etc... But those days aren't "Legislative days" for ther pupose of the $141

That is true. I was just thinking it would have been more.

Well it technically is more. in 2007, a Memphis Senator collected over 32,000 dollars in Salary and per diem. Then add in the 1000 per month and she is looking at 44,000 dollars for those 90 days.

Guest TNReb
I didn't think Senator Henry was going to make it through his speech.

If I wasn't a Christian, I would say something like, "From your mouth to God's ears," but since I am, I won't. :hat:

Guest TNReb
Don't see how....House still has 3 legislative days after today...

Yes, and that :hat: McCord just said on the House video that they are meeting tomorrow at 12:30.

Well it technically is more. in 2007, a Memphis Senator collected over 32,000 dollars in Salary and per diem. Then add in the 1000 per month and she is looking at 44,000 dollars for those 90 days.

I don't think they get that $1000 for months they are not in session, do they? But even if they do, not all of it goes in their pockets obvisioully...

Here is an article about the pay in the (cough cough) Commercial Appeal...

Per diem pay tops legislator salaries

X2
Yes, and that :hat: McCord just said on the House video that they are meeting tomorrow at 12:30.

If the House keeps going on and on like now...they "could" still be on the floor when the Senate votes, but I still would doubt it will come up in the House today.

I don't think they get that $1000 for months they are not in session, do they? But even if they do, not all of it goes in their pockets obvisioully...

Here is an article about the pay in the (cough cough) Commercial Appeal...

Per diem pay tops legislator salaries

I'm not entirely sure about that. My assumption would be that the 1000 dollars is for their entire term. A legislative office would need to be around so that the constituency would always have a place to meet, see, speak to or call their representative or senator.

The House has the same rules as the Senate with respect to an override, they have to post notice, and wait 24 Hrs. to vote, unless last day of session, then the "rule" is automatically suspended.

As it looks now, there will be several more sessions in the House, as they seem to be nowhere near an agreement on the Budget. It will be at least Monday before they can take up the override, as there will not be 24 hours separation for a short session in the House tomorrow, If the Senate gets it done today.

If the House keeps going on and on like now...they "could" still be on the floor when the Senate votes, but I still would doubt it will come up in the House today.

If the House is indeed meeting tomorrow, then I see no problem waiting until then for the vote. As much as I would like to see it over and done with, I'm not going to be upset if it doesn't make it through the house today. However, if it doesn't make it through the Senate today, I will be rather ticked off.

lol. No, its because I carry a tool that can make small pieces of metal fly at high rates of speed and makes noises like the gods in the sky. I just hope these people don't revert all the way back to flinging monkey poo.

I'm guessing some of them fling their own poo when they're not in public

I'm not entirely sure about that. My assumption would be that the 1000 dollars is for their entire term. A legislative office would need to be around so that the constituency would always have a place to meet, see, speak to or call their representative or senator.

I thought of that after I posted....could be right, but like I said it still doesn't all go in their pockes.....

I have always wondered how the "average" citizen could be in the legislature.

I mean on the surface at least, it doesn't seem to pay enough for it to be your only source of income, but with the schedule that is required from Jan-May/June not sure how you could work another "regular" job.

If the House is indeed meeting tomorrow, then I see no problem waiting until then for the vote. As much as I would like to see it over and done with, I'm not going to be upset if it doesn't make it through the house today. However, if it doesn't make it through the Senate today, I will be rather ticked off.

I see no reason the Senate shouldn't get it done today...but as well all know we've not always seen what was coming till after it was done (not done) either....

Worriedman is probably right about it being next week in the House.

Senate overrides today, Todd files notice to override in the House today/tomorrow and then it comes up in one of the sessions next week.

Guest TNReb
Not sure what is going on in the House right now.

They did vote on the last bill in the Regular Calendar (not sure if any were rolled to later or not)

Video still up, people walking around....but that's it.

I was wondering the same thing. I didn't hear them say they were adjourned, but the last thing on the calendar for today was that bill on the soil examiners. The last thing I heard was a motion to move something to the table, but I really wasn't paying that much attention.

I was wondering the same thing. I didn't hear them say they were adjourned, but the last thing on the calendar for today was that bill on the soil examiners. The last thing I heard was a motion to move something to the table, but I really wasn't paying that much attention.

They're back to business now...

Guest pws_smokeyjones

I am thoroughly confused - the house video that I can get to appears that they are still very much in session discussing bills and amendments etc...???

I am thoroughly confused - the house video that I can get to appears that they are still very much in session discussing bills and amendments etc...???

they are...

But there was a period of a few mintues where they weren't....

Guest pws_smokeyjones
They're back to business now...

Looks to me like they are still on the Message Calendar in the house - right?

Guest HexHead
The House has the same rules as the Senate with respect to an override, they have to post notice, and wait 24 Hrs. to vote, unless last day of session, then the "rule" is automatically suspended.

As it looks now, there will be several more sessions in the House, as they seem to be nowhere near an agreement on the Budget. It will be at least Monday before they can take up the override, as there will not be 24 hours separation for a short session in the House tomorrow, If the Senate gets it done today.

Won't be Monday, it's a holiday. If there's one thing these guys are really good at, it's

DELAY DELAY DELAY