Restaurant carry Vetoed!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Interesting, the House is in recess - scheduled to reconvene at 2pm. They might actually be able to get this all wrapped up today.

The clerk sounds like an angry pirate!

LOL...but I tell you from what I've seen, the House and Senate both would be more lost than Hogan's Goat if not for their clerks....at least when anything gets slightly of the norm.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
i was just told the house will take this up next Wed.

One more week isn't gonna kill us to wait. Hell even if the House overrides next week, it'll be when (date)??? before we can actually carry in a restaurant again? Weeks and or a month or more, before the bill will go into effect!

Guest HexHead
Yeah it says they will reconvene Wed at 2PM

Who what where says it?

Would it kill these idiots not to take it down to the ******g wire?

One more week isn't gonna kill us to wait. Hell even if the House overrides next week, it'll be when (date)??? before we can actually carry in a restaurant again? Weeks and or a month or more, before the bill will go into effect!

Should be that day

Guest JC1848

I closed the streaming of the senate video and opened the streaming of the house video and there was a message on the screen that said it will reconvene Wed at 2

Guest HexHead

Easy for you to say. I got to carry legally into restaurants that serve alcohol all last weekend and now I'm spoiled. I now feel like I'm living in an ignorant, inbred, backwater ****hole of a state.

Technically, because of the amendment that ****s us with the signs, it goes into effect immediately once the two speakers sign the papers certifying the vote.

I had sent Reginald Tate, my senator who originally voted to pass this bill, an email last week asking that he vote to overturn the veto. As of last night I had not heard back from him so I sent him another message telling him how I was counting on his vote. I just watched the voting and see why he did not respond to my messages, he turned his back on us. I am pretty new to all of this so would it be in line for me to send another message telling how I am disappointed in him and that he cannot count on my vote in the future?

Thanks

Guest HexHead
I had sent Reginald Tate, my senator who originally voted to pass this bill, an email last week asking that he vote to overturn the veto. As of last night I had not heard back from him so I sent him another message telling him how I was counting on his vote. I just watched the voting and see why he did not respond to my messages, he turned his back on us. I am pretty new to all of this so would it be in line for me to send another message telling how I am disappointed in him and that he cannot count on my vote in the future?

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about "being out of line" with him. It's not like he represents your interests or anything.