need to get a est. value on a gun

Guest archerdr1

Guest archerdr1

60s smith and wesson 38 special CTG. 4in barrel. police & military issue Let me know if I need to get any more info.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest archerdr1

didn't find one on there. I am trying to help a guy get one, he found one but doesn't want to pay more than it is worth.

If you open the cylinder, you will see the model number stamped on the frame just above the pivot. S&W made a wide variety of .38 revolvers during the '60's. different models get different prices. Condition, options, and an original box all affect the price significantly.

Guest archerdr1

trying to get him to get that info. he said it is in good shape, so that part is ok, but I am asking him to get me the model number.

I would say that 300 bucks would be a good price if the gun has been shoot a lot. If it has been laying in the bottom of granny's closet for 50 years and has only been shoot a few times, then $400-$450, or more, would be a good price. Cop guns usually have had a lot of rounds fired through them but those old Smiths were made well, by skilled gunsmiths, with top grade metals. They don't make'em like that any more and probably never again. The Model 10 is a classic but they made tens of thousands of these guns over the years so they are not rare by any means.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.