First time shooting

Guest Zorinso63

Guest Zorinso63

:woohoo:So....I went out in the field with my dad yesterday to do my first real shooting session, and I must say.....IT WAS AWESOME!! I now know how you guys can get hooked. It's just so much fun to get out there and unload on an inanimate object! I will def. be going and getting my own firearms now!

Anywho....just thought I would share that with you fine folks. And it's ok to chuckle at the 24 year old who had never fired anything before lol.

Hopy you all had a great weekend and a dandy of a Sunday

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zorinso63

Ain't that the truth. Now..to be on the lookout for more 38 special rounds. Is it just not a popular form of ammunition anymore? Or is the lack of it old news that i'm just finding out about?

Congrats! Gotta start sometime, so now is better than later! .38 is still very popular and widely used SD round in CC situations. Just have to keep a sharp eye to find ammo (in many caliburs) lately.

Hope its the beginning of a Long love of shooting for you.

Guest fourspdRAT

Welcome to the club! .38 Special shouldn't be too hard to find. Have you tried looking on MidwayUSA.com or CheaperThanDirt.com ?

Guest Zorinso63

Ah, the idea of buying it online didn't even occur to me. Still a greenhorn lol.. Thanks for the tips! I knew I was gonna like this place ;)

.38 specials are great little guns to shoot and carry. Most people will tell newbies to not start with revolvers. Me, shoot whatever you want and feel comfortable with. If that's what you shoot good with, go for it. As others have stated, ammo in general can sometimes be hard to find. Check the local wallyworld's and something will turn up. There is no cure for this addiction, maybe we all could start an gunsaddict club or something? Welcome aboard, oh, and FWIW, I didn't start shooting till I was 52, after the kids were gone, momma was occupied with her things, and I needed something else to do so I became an addict. I must say its one habit I can live with! BTW, you are close enough to Norris shooting range you are now expected to attend monthly bullchit sessions, I mean shooting sessions with the usual suspects....