Need help on Saiga 308

Guest last1is4me

Guest last1is4me

I have just traded for a Saiga 308 and am curious as to what the "converted" refers to on other saigas I have seen.

Thanks for any help.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jimdigriz
I have just traded for a Saiga 308 and am curious as to what the "converted" refers to on other saigas I have seen.

Thanks for any help.

See this pic for an example. Top weapon unconverted, bottom converted.

P1200455-vi.jpg

The trigger and trigger guard have been moved forward, removing complication in the fire control group (resulting in a better trigger), and a pistol grip and standard AK-length buttstock substituted for the overly long and unwieldy factory buttstock.

It's not terribly difficult. Remove 2 pins, 3 rivets and (optionally) a spot weld, and you are on your way to a much better gun.

Edited by jimdigriz

Hoping not to highjack anything, but I was just researching these abit myself, and I keep seeing something about some sort of Ban, which some say is the reason they convert these? Could someone explain this?

Guest jimdigriz
Hoping not to highjack anything, but I was just researching these abit myself, and I keep seeing something about some sort of Ban, which some say is the reason they convert these? Could someone explain this?

Sounds like a bunch of talk.

The reason to convert is put the weapons back into their intended configuration - which is also a better configuration.