Jaynies got a gun...What am I gonna do ?

Guest Bluemax

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax

Guys, we have a new member, and I am trying not to brag on her to much but she used my Smith Bodyguard for her range test and freiken rocked. She shot exeptionally well considering she used a snubnose. Now I just have to find her a sidearm that she feels comfortable with. So far she's checked out all of the latest mouse guns including the new Taurus and Kahr 380 as well as my Smith she used today.One gun that she seems to really like is a Ruger SP101 357 with a 2" barrel which I think would be a great choice for her. Any Thoughts ??? :)

Guys, we have a new member, and I am trying not to brag on her to much but she used my Smith Bodyguard for her range test and freiken rocked. She shot exeptionally well considering she used a snubnose. Now I just have to find her a sidearm that she feels comfortable with. So far she's checked out all of the latest mouse guns including the new Taurus and Kahr 380 as well as my Smith she used today.One gun that she seems to really like is a Ruger SP101 357 with a 2" barrel which I think would be a great choice for her. Any Thoughts ??? :)

Funny you should ask:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handguns/39874-opinions-ruger-sp101-357-a.html

- OS

Guest Bronker
Yep, 2.

One, get her whatever the hell she wants.

Two, there's nothing wrong with a SP101.

True that. Get her what she wants, whether it makes sense to you or not (within reason, of course).

If she gets what she wants, she'll have 'ownership' of her defense. Get her what you want her to have, and she'll resent it, and at best will not be enthused about carrying it.

I speak from experience. "I" wanted her to carry "my" J-frame, and she hated it.

Then she got her hands on a Keltec P3AT. I didn't want her to get it, but she wanted it. So I just backed away, literally. She talked it over with the gun shop guy (thank goodness she got a good one), they went through the details, she filled out her own paperwork, and the gun left in her name.

She's carried ever since. Gladly. Now takes advanced handgun classes with me. After a while, she decided she would like to have something a little larger and now she has the Kahr PM9. Makes me happy, too. By the way, from what I've seen of her and this gun, the Kahr PM9 is a great option for the ladies.

Guest Bluemax

Thanks for all of the advice guys, but if you will re read my post carefully, it says SHE likes the SP101 and I THOUGHT it was a good idea.The whole idea is to find something that she likes and is comfortable with so that she will practice and actually carry it after the new wears off

Guest Jamie
Thanks for all of the advice guys, but if you will re read my post carefully, it says SHE likes the SP101 and I THOUGHT it was a good idea.

Which only proves you both have good sense and good taste. :D

Besides, you asked for... what was it?.. oh yeah... "Any thoughts". :D :D

J.

Guest Bronker
...The whole idea is to find something that she likes and is comfortable with so that she will practice and actually carry it after the new wears off...

Exactly what my point was.:D

How much has she shot the SP101?

My wife does NOT enjoy mine. It is quite the beast.

Guest Jamie
Exactly what my point was.:D

How much has she shot the SP101?

My wife does NOT enjoy mine. It is quite the beast.

Load it with .38spl +Ps and see how she likes it.

Or have you already?

J.

When my wife went throught the HCP class, she used my G19. She decided she wanted a G26 to carry. I bought her one and she never carried it. Told me it was too bulky. I can see that when you look at how ladies dress. She decided she wanted an LCP. I bought her one. Has she carried it? Nope. :P

I don't know what the issue is. I'm not gonna push the issue because I don't want her to get pissed and resent gun totin', but it's really starting to get on my nerves...

Guest Jamie

kb4ns, unfortunately there's nothing you can do.

When some situation comes along that flips that switch in her head that makes her think she needs to carry, she will. Until then, she's just going to write it off as an inconvenience that's not worth the trouble and isn't gonna fool with it.

With any luck at all, whatever causes her to see the need won't be one of those "too late" type deals.

J.

With any luck at all, whatever causes her to see the need won't be one of those "too late" type deals.

No kidding. We live in Memphis. Between the work-related stories I choose to share with her and the media, you'd think she'd be chomping at the bit to exercise her right to self-defense. I just don't get it. I guess it's nice living in that utopia. :-\

Guest mustangdave
Guys, we have a new member, and I am trying not to brag on her to much but she used my Smith Bodyguard for her range test and freiken rocked. She shot exeptionally well considering she used a snubnose. Now I just have to find her a sidearm that she feels comfortable with. So far she's checked out all of the latest mouse guns including the new Taurus and Kahr 380 as well as my Smith she used today.One gun that she seems to really like is a Ruger SP101 357 with a 2" barrel which I think would be a great choice for her. Any Thoughts ??? :P

The SP 101 was my wife's primary side arm for a few years....still uses it but has added to her arsenal with a Bersa 380CC and a KelTec P3-AT...she won't give up the Ruger for anything