I recently bought a "gun belt" from High Noon. It is an excellent gun belt. Amazing difference from the belt I had. Feels SO much better to have a quality belt! But one thing I didn't consider when buying it was how much tighter the gun is while in the holster. The belt doesn't flex as much as the cheap belt I had so it pulls the belt loops tighter and therefore the gun is really held tightly in the holster. Which would be a good thing since it doesn't have a thumb break strap, but it's a little too tight now if I ever had to use it. I realize and pray that I hopefully will never have to pull it, but if I do my draw time will definitely be slower. But wouldn't trade the feeling of a quality belt for speed of draw for anything. It feels like someone is standing beside me and pushing the belt into my side and holding it up off my waist. Can't feel the weight of the gun at all. Anyone else notice their gun being tighter in a quality belt?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
I recently bought a "gun belt" from High Noon. It is an excellent gun belt. Amazing difference from the belt I had. Feels SO much better to have a quality belt! But one thing I didn't consider when buying it was how much tighter the gun is while in the holster. The belt doesn't flex as much as the cheap belt I had so it pulls the belt loops tighter and therefore the gun is really held tightly in the holster. Which would be a good thing since it doesn't have a thumb break strap, but it's a little too tight now if I ever had to use it. I realize and pray that I hopefully will never have to pull it, but if I do my draw time will definitely be slower. But wouldn't trade the feeling of a quality belt for speed of draw for anything. It feels like someone is standing beside me and pushing the belt into my side and holding it up off my waist. Can't feel the weight of the gun at all. Anyone else notice their gun being tighter in a quality belt?

I have had a similar experience with two new, quality leather belts.

Best thing I figured out was to wear it. Within a few days, with nothing but normal wear, it seemed to loosen up quite well.

YMMV

Guest Bronker
My BeltMan has seemingly almost overnight gotten smaller. I had to loosen it a notch.

I just don't understand how that could happen after wearing it for about a year and half.

- OS

Chief, did you get the internal stiffener in your belt?

I should have. I got the standard bullhide. Nice belt, just wish it was more rigid.

My BeltMan has seemingly almost overnight gotten smaller. I had to loosen it a notch.

I just don't understand how that could happen after wearing it for about a year and half.

- OS

Yeh,I am gonna have to do something also,they never told me that my belt would get smaller when I quit smoking,guess I will have to try and warranty it.;):censored::screwy:

Guest Gillespk

If any of yall need dress belts, Galls had Akers holster belts on clearance. I picked up 2 dress belts since I need them during the week. Belts were 1.25" reinforced.

Chief, did you get the internal stiffener in your belt?

I should have. I got the standard bullhide. Nice belt, just wish it was more rigid.

No, just the double layer bullhide.

It's been fine.

If you didn't get my drift, belt has not shrunk, I expanded.

- OS

Guest Bronker
...If you didn't get my drift, belt has not shrunk, I expanded...

- OS

I got your drift all the way over here, meathead! B)

Wish I had gotten the sewn in stiffener. Will next time.

I got your drift all the way over here, meathead! B)

Sorry, Mr. Bunker.

Wish I had gotten the sewn in stiffener. Will next time.

I also got the 1.75" Beltman, and it's remarkably MORE "stable" than the 1.5, works great in winter, but the belt loops on the dang cargo shorts I wear all the time won't quite do 1.75.

- OS

If any of yall need dress belts, Galls had Akers holster belts on clearance. I picked up 2 dress belts since I need them during the week. Belts were 1.25" reinforced.

I just snagged one. With tax & shipping, it came to $18.54. If their belts are as good as their holsters, I just got a deal!

Thanks for the heads up, Gillespk!