New Products in the Ruger pipeline - LCR .357 Mag

The are a comin' - LCR in 357 Magnum. Also the LCR will have several grip options.

There will be a SR-556c with a short barrel.

Woohoo! er...wait a minuted. Never thought I would see Ruger getting all black and evil. Even their AC-556 and UZI wasn't all that scary.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe
The are a comin' - LCR in 357 Magnum. Also the LCR will have several grip options.

There will be a SR-556c with a short barrel.

Woohoo! er...wait a minuted. Never thought I would see Ruger getting all black and evil. Even their AC-556 and UZI wasn't all that scary.

Good Gracious:eek: an LCR in 357 !

I recently acquired a new SP101 hammerless in 357/38 and for me my first wheel gun and that thing whooped my butt the first time at the range.

Amazing to me it did not hurt my shoulder or neck injury but did take a chunk of meat out of my trigger finger and wore a blister in the webbing of my thumb. It was also painful on my wrist and all that over 25 357's and 25 38's.

But again my first time with it and the largest caliber I have fired in many decades.

It was a gift (undeserved IMO) so I had to shoot it. I have been given the go ahead to trade or sell it at will and have no idea what I will end up doing. I have yet to define its "role" in the tool family.

Too heavy for a bug and not enough capacity for me for EDC, so I wonder about just having it to shoot expensive ammo at paper. Although I know it would make a very good "stopper" in any situation. ;)

I simply could not imagine how an LCR in 357 would feel to shoot.:censored:

For me it would most likely be....shoot....go find gun...shoot again:)

I cannot imagine being interested in a LCR period, much less in .357 magnum.

While it may be an effective CCW it would not be very enjoyable to practice with and therefore would end up sitting unused.

To add I do not find the SP101 to be hard to shoot, recoil can be tough with full house rounds but it is managable.

Guest Lester Weevils

Any idea the size of a .357 LCR? Or magazine capacity?

The grip would have to be relatively 'fat' to accomodate .357 mag. The grip could be relatively short and still hold maybe 6+1, because .357 rounds are not a lot fatter than .380, and its not uncommon to find 6+1 capacity .380 mouseguns. OTOH .357 mag Desert Eagles don't have big mag capacity, and have huge grips.

But a two-finger-length grip might be hard to hang onto in .357? It would be a handful to shoot. Even my NAA .380 is pretty snappy and unpleasant in such a small size. Difficult to imagine shooting .357 in that small a pistol.

An LCR about the same size as a .357 snubbie wheelgun might be a reasonable minimum practical size?

I only practice about 10 or a max 20 rounds in the S&W 649 or NAA .380 because they hurt to shoot more than that in a session. And the trigger and accuracy are not rewarding. But its not the point in a convenient carry gun. Needs to be small enough that it isn't tempting just to leave the gun at home when I go out. If it was ever actually needed for defense, it has been said that the bad trigger and stiff recoil wouldn't be much concern.

Have met folks who toted the little .44 Mag lightweight titanium wheelguns. That has GOT to be an unpleasant thing to practice with!

Guest Lester Weevils
Umm....My guess is that it will be exactly the same size as their LCR in 38 special?????

You are thinking about their LCP....Not the LCR. Two totally different guns

Oops, sorry. Yup, was thinking tiny plastic gun. Never mind <g>.

They claim the new LCR with the Hogue Boot grips is lighter but can it really be that much lighter...:screwy: I do like the fact that it is available in .357 however as Mike said, It won't be any fun at the range. I do like the 16" barrel on the SR 556, it just looks right to me eye.