Can anybody help me get this website to work right again?

I've pretty much quit coming here because I can't browse the site for more than 10 minutes before it just stops working for me. It's happened on both my computers so its not the computer. Maybe my network? It only happens on this website. I can open several threads and then it just stops working. It won't load anything else on the site but all other sites work fine.

I need suggestions of what to do. I really hate not being able to browse the website. If its something on my end I'd like to get it fixed. Thanks.

Steve

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its probably been going on for 3-4 months. I posted about it one other time and was pretty much told it was my problem and nobody helped me so I just gave up. I hate not being able to browse the site so I'm back with the same problem. I hope somebody can help me this time.

Guest mosinon

Here's the first thing I'd try: a different browser. If you're using IE try Firefox or Safari and vice versa. Or Google Chrome or something.

I'd also try to browse the site on someone else's computer on a different network.

Generally they way I try to troubleshoot things like this is backwards from the best way to do it.

First: Different browser

Second: Different user account

Third: Different computer

Fourth: Different network

When you see when it starts working you can isolate the problem and fix it.

• Administrator

Again, I know you don't want to hear this but we have over 7,000 members and over 1,000 unique registered visitors a day. Only a few people have reported experiencing the issue you are suffering and none of them have reported suffering it after clearing browser cookies or some of the other usual fixes.

So, questions about your setup:

1. What operating system? What patch level (i.e. service pack)

2. What browser? What plugins?

3. What antivirus software? Firewall? Anti-spyware?

4. What internet provider?

1. Windows vista home basic service pack 2

2. Internet explorer 8/ windows firewall is active

3. AVG antivirus free edition

4. ATT DSL

I understand other people are not having this problem or aren't reporting it. I just want to get it fixed so I can browse the site like normal.

Guest Old goat

Same thing has been going on with me, for a while now. I can go to another site and come back and things are OK again atleast for a while, then the same.

• Administrator

Question: Are any of the other sites you guys frequent also running the exact same version of vBulletin that we are here? Version 3.8.5.

If not, it may very well be a software related issue that you just aren't seeing elsewhere, and is specific to something about your setups. All of which would be moot soon once I complete the software upgrade that I've been a little more open about mentioning lately.

on my work computer I have nothing but problems with AGV and IE8. Firefox has no issues running on the same computer. I turned AVG off due to numerous glitch issues that went away when it was off.

I get...

408 Request Time-out

This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.