Kahr KT9093

willis68

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pwhphd

Although the Kahr is a little pricey, you only have to hold one in your hand to see that the price reflects high quality and extremely fine fit and finish in a polymer pistol. Additionally, if one is in Jeff Sig's hands it will have to be good or he will put it down! Shoot one and you'll buy one.

Guest JHatmaker

I've never owned one, but always take a look at them whenever I'm in a shop. I really like the look and feel of the PM9.

The one you are looking at, is that price for new?

Kahr makes a fine pistol. i think I've had them all at one time or another and I still have 3. I traded my PM9 last year for something else I wanted and I was sorry i did.. been on the look-out for another ever since..

Willis...you need my CW45 with extra mag, and M-tac holster for only 5 bills...your in luck I will be in Nashville tomorrow...pm me if you want it ;-D

Thanks for the offer Vince, But I think I am going to order a NIB stainless KT4043-NOVAK and having Cylinder and Slide do some custom work to it :D

I also daily carry a kahr, either the PM40 or CW40, whichever I am in the mood for.

I have found that either of these handguns point very naturally for me as they fit my hand so comfortably.

I highly recommend any Kahr!

...Steve I carry a PM40 everyday and have never had a problem out of it. My Dad carries a PM45 and brother a CW40. We are drinking the Kahr Kool-Aid. ...:koolaid:

Jason:__________

I (...like willis...) am stewing on rounding up one of these PM models or an MK. Tell us about the recoil with the 40 caliber PM. I am trying to decide between the 9 mm and the 40. The PM 40 shows a weight of 15.8 ounces.

The MK 40 (...the all steel version...) weighs 23 ounces (...about the same as my glock 33, except a much thinner package...). Let us know what your impressions are.

Kind regards,

Leroy

Guest 1eyedwillie

MK9 (stainless)elite here.

Machining work on this all steel pistol was astounding! Recoil is very manageable even with the short mag (better for pocket carry), but I did put a small piece of skateboard tape on the front of the grip and it made a world of improvement for the two-finger grip.

I have not shot the 40 caliber version, so can't comment on those.

Jason:__________

I (...like willis...) am stewing on rounding up one of these PM models or an MK. Tell us about the recoil with the 40 caliber PM. I am trying to decide between the 9 mm and the 40. The PM 40 shows a weight of 15.8 ounces.

The MK 40 (...the all steel version...) weighs 23 ounces (...about the same as my glock 33, except a much thinner package...). Let us know what your impressions are.

Kind regards,

Leroy

The recoil is manageable. The PM40 is not a gun that I am going to take to the range and put hundreds of round through. But that's not what its purpose is. I put a Hogue wrap around grip on mine and it helps you hang on to the gun better. The .40 is more of a snap so the gun tends to try to roll back in your hand. But with its small size I carry it all the time without even thinking about it. The recoil is no where near what a .357 Lightweight J-Frame is. If anyone in middle TN wants to shoot my PM40 they are more than welcome to.

Thanks Jason! That is exactly what i needed to know. I appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Leroy

PS-- NOW ALL I NEED TO DO IS FIND A "LIGHTLY USED" AND "LOVINGLY CARED FOR" PM40

Thanks willie!!

MK9 (stainless)elite here.

Machining work on this all steel pistol was astounding! Recoil is very manageable even with the short mag (better for pocket carry), but I did put a small piece of skateboard tape on the front of the grip and it made a world of improvement for the two-finger grip.

I like the MK's too!! Edited by leroy
added note!!