Well today I did my Target walk

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

The hightened situational awareness alone, is a very healthy new personality attribute, isn't it?

That will indeed serve you well in other areas of your life.

Guest Bronker
...they are both under 6 inches of drying mud, I don't think they matter much.

Was up there Thursday. You guys have a real mess.

Was up there Thursday. You guys have a real mess.

Yeah, I'm afraid it will get worse before it gets better. On top of everything else, the people cleaning up are told they need to have hepatitis and tetanus shots because of all the toxic crap in the mud. However you can drive thru that crap all day with the windows down and they just smile and wave at you.

:popcorn:

What's the issue with Walmart? Not that I particularly love the place, just curious....

I can't speak for the OP, but I tend to try to avoid wally world due to the fact that they seem to open one checkout lane per 50 people wanting to check out. Around here, you usually spend an hour shopping and half an hour in line waiting to check out. :popcorn:

Guest rsgillmd
I can't speak for the OP, but I tend to try to avoid wally world due to the fact that they seem to open one checkout lane per 50 people wanting to check out. Around here, you usually spend an hour shopping and half an hour in line waiting to check out. :rolleyes:

I got lucky. There was nobody else at the ammo counter, so he checked me out for everything. No waiting.

The Kroger on Thomas St. (51) is the same way you are describing -- usually only 1 lane open. I feel lucky if there are two lanes.

Congrats! Now, if Target just sold ammo...

Isn't that part of the idea behind the wally walk - to get a box or two of ammo for your carry weapon?

I was in the Cool Springs store last week and just happened upon a solitary 250 round box of UMC .45. It followed me home...

i do the ammo walk at academy lol. my reason for hating walmart is they force local mom and pop stores who carry quality goods for a slightly higher price to close down while they sell subpar products for cheaper and pass em off as same quality. they also hate to hire cashiers and waling into a walmart is like a cultural experience and if youre lucky a step back in human intelligence

Guest Moody
Isn't that part of the idea behind the wally walk - to get a box or two of ammo for your carry weapon?

I was in the Cool Springs store last week and just happened upon a solitary 250 round box of UMC .45. It followed me home...

Ha! Small world - I purchased one of the two boxes left - you got the other one. :rolleyes:

GGP2JZ,

Congrats on your Target walk - seems like an appropriate place to carry. (It was my first place to carry as well)

I stopped by academy today - can't wait for them to open the one by hamilton place - closer to me.

What's the issue with Walmart? Not that I particularly love the place, just curious....

And congrats. Feels great huh?

Wal-mart is the preferred shopping destination of knuckledraggers and mouthbreathers. They have low prices, but the stress endured from the screaming half-naked children, negligent parents, meth zombies, and OLD PEOPLE is more than enough incentive to shop elsewhere for any civilized human who is anywhere but the brink of desperation.

Whew.

Also, congrats on your Target walk GGP2JZ.

Guest Bronker
Wal-mart is the preferred shopping destination of knuckledraggers and mouthbreathers. They have low prices, but the stress endured from the screaming half-naked children, negligent parents, meth zombies, and OLD PEOPLE is more than enough incentive to shop elsewhere for any civilized human who is anywhere but the brink of desperation.

Whew...

"Whew" is right! I had to catch my breath halfway through reading this!B)

Guest Moody
Thanks for leaving me one! Maybe I can return the favor one day!

Hey, not a problem. While I would like to be able to purchase more ammo at one time, I want others to be able to purchase, too, and for someone buying 45, I figured that they'd need it.

I hope that they get some more - I'd like to buy another box soon. ;)

Guest Moody

Whew.

My thoughts, exactly. I despise WalMart... Every time that I am forced (well, because it's the closest thing to my house, unfortunately) to go into that place, I literally start to prepare for the worst. I won't even take my 7-month old into WalMart, because I'd rather get in, get out, and leave the area as fast as possible. I tried going at night - bad idea... still crowded, and the check out lines are rediculous. There's just nothing good about WalMart, at all. ;)

Guest Moody
Sure there is. Cheap ammo. But that's it.

It's the effort gone through to get someone to give access to it, that amazes me. I've literally stood there and had entire conversations with other customers before they could even muster the mental strength to find the keys, return to the cabinet, and open it, then select the ammunition that I was attempting to purchase. Walmart "associates" have double-digit IQs - I am convinced of this.

It's the effort gone through to get someone to give access to it, that amazes me. I've literally stood there and had entire conversations with other customers before they could even muster the mental strength to find the keys, return to the cabinet, and open it, then select the ammunition that I was attempting to purchase. Walmart "associates" have double-digit IQs - I am convinced of this.

I did have the pleasure of dealing with the sporting goods manager of the Bartlett Wal-Mart before she transferred to the Oakland store. :P She was bright and friendly. If I was looking for a particular type of ammo, I could call in the morning and, if she had any, she'd stash it away until I could get up there to pick it up. Of course, since she transferred, I'm back to dealing with morons.