Romanian PSL's ?

Guest tntrucker

Guest tntrucker

Does anybody have any experience with these? I don't know anything about them , other than what I've read on the net. They look interesting/ price is definatly dropping/ and surplus ammo is really cheap.

I know they aren't the "highest quality" rifles; but are they decent??

Price is down to $529 , and 2 (440 rd) spam cans of ammo for $160. It has me thinking about one; would be interested in any first hand experiences.

Thanks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jimdigriz
Does anybody have any experience with these? I don't know anything about them , other than what I've read on the net. They look interesting/ price is definatly dropping/ and surplus ammo is really cheap.

I know they aren't the "highest quality" rifles; but are they decent??

Price is down to $529 , and 2 (440 rd) spam cans of ammo for $160. It has me thinking about one; would be interested in any first hand experiences.

Thanks.

Where are you seeing $529?

Guest reaper1880

i have one and its a great shooter i love it! its had some trigger work done for a smoother pull i got it from doc holiday5150.. i think you would be happy with one

Guest tntrucker

Aim surplus has them for $529. Thanks for the feedback , reaper. I took the plunge and ordered one. I have been looking at them for a long time. I've already got ammo for the Mosin's ; probably end up getting more (at that price).

Guest DeadEye

Make sure to only shoot Light Ball ammo like 150 gr. the heavy ball has been known to destroy them in as little as 50 rounds!

Guest 70below

I've had two, the first one had the standard scope that was missing some screws, so I sent the scope back and they sent me a rare battery illuminated reticle scope. I ended up selling the rifle but bought another when the price came down on them without a scope and added a Russian 1P21 sniper scope without breaking the bank. It makes for a pretty cool combo, and a blast to shoot.

Guest reaper1880

cool tntrucker i like the look on some faces when i break it out at the gatlinburg sportsman club when i shoot it. its not a dragunov but its as close as a poor boy can get lol.... hope ya enjoy the new addition to the family

Guest jimdigriz
Aim surplus has them for $529. Thanks for the feedback , reaper. I took the plunge and ordered one. I have been looking at them for a long time. I've already got ammo for the Mosin's ; probably end up getting more (at that price).

Ah, thanks.

I really wanted one with a new scope that has an illuminated reticle. Hopefully Centerfire will do their bare bones PSL (with no scope) deal again for $450.

That is a great buy for a PSL with a Romanian Cugir manufactured receiver and barrel..., and AIM is a good company to deal with. :)

Beware of any Century Arms made PSL with a U.S. made receiver and barrel - - - the monkeys at CAI tend to gunsmith in the "good-enough" mode. :rolleyes:

Guest Phantom6

Cugir makes some damned fine pistols for the money so there's no sense in thinking their rifles wouldn't be at least passable.