Taurus Tracker in .22

Guest tbone

Guest tbone

Everyone,

I picked up a Taurus Tracker in .22. I liked the look, the price, the warranty and the 9 shot cylinder. Other than bore and cylinder diameters, this is the same as their .357 model. It is WAY overbuilt for a .22 revolver. The only think I don't like is the DA trigger pull. It is incredibly heavy. I don't have a scale, but it is a lot. My question to anyone else with a Tracker revolver is....is your DA trigger heavy also? (The SA trigger pull is fine, no gripes there.) From what I have read, Taurus quality seems to be hit or miss. I did not buy this gun with high expectations. I just wanted a low budget plinker to have fun with. Having said that, the quality seems fine, outside of the DA trigger pull. I am just trying to determine what is normal for this gun. Thanks to all for your input.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought one used about a year ago. Great plinking pistol ! The DA trigger is heavy on mine also. I took the sideplate off, cleaned it out and put a few drops of oil on the contact surfaces. That helped some but the trigger is still heavy. I have been pondering putting some Wolff reduced power springs in it.

I do not own one, but the last time I played with one at a gun shop, I remember it having an unusually heavy trigger. I have never looked into aftermarket springs for it, but that is something I'd definitely look into if I had one.

have one and like it. It is accurate beyond words. The 2action trigger is a bit still, but I got used to it after only 1k ROUNDS. It is almost as accurate as my Ruger.

Let me know how the spring changes effect it.

Guest Jamie

The triggers on Taurus revolvers ( the small frame .22s are the exception here... ) are pretty easy to lighten. The worst offender in the whole deal is the trigger return spring. Replacing it with a lighter one will remove a lot of grief. Just be sure it's not too light to properly reset the trigger.

And in the centerfire guns, the main spring can be lightened by taking a couple of coils off of it. I don't know that this will work in a rimfire gun without having a lot of misfires as a result.

In the end, a good set of springs from Wolff, and plenty of use, should make for a fairly nice trigger pull.

J.

Guest Jamie

Can't help you there, Tbone... I keep a supply of various size and weights of springs, and pretty much work by trial and error.

I probably tried 5 or 6 different ones in my last Taurus before I found a combination it worked well with.

J.