US Military & Tatoos

So far a thread about confederate tats in the military has dissolved into people judging other people about how bad judging other people is. Hmm that makes sense.:usa: I just don't get the logic strikj- Don't tell me what to do, as I tell you not to tell me what to do.;)

A true libertarian wouldn't be bothered by people having different ideas, regardless of what they are. Yet you seem more prejudiced and set in your ideas than those you keep going after as hypocritical.

As far as confederate tats, what' the issue? I've seen much more racially or PC insensitive stuff on military and LE than that. I guess it's the politicians flavor of the month.:rolleyes:

Are you serious? :lol:

I'm just like every other conservative when I say "live and let live"...except when I say it, I mean it.

I'm not saying it just so I'll get left alone.

See, unlike most, I won't tell you that you can't be gay, or get married, or join the military, or get a tattoo, or do anything else to your body that is non of my business.

Whereas most when they say "leave me alone and I'll leave you alone", like straightshooter here, but what they really mean is, "leave me alone, and I'll still tell you what to do".

Now, it may not always be "I'll still tell you what to do". Like in this thread, it's "don't throw your beliefs at me, but I'll still throw mine at you".(SS, before you tell me you didn't say and\or imply that, go back and look so I wont have to point that out to you,too)

I'm not the only one that has pointed out the hypocrisy here.

Edited by strickj
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curiuosgb-

Your last post is one that I can speak more calmly to after getting some sleep!

What chapped me, was someone saying, that I said I "hated" homosexuals, and those words never left my mouth. I said "bigoted". My Websters, that I just consulted, does not mention hate in the def. of "bigot" at all.

Now, the whoooole thing I was saying, is about gays, and the government trying to MAKE me accept their lifestyle. Them merely speaking about it, is NOT the same as them telling me Ill be thrown in jail for saying its wrong,{happened} or that preachers cant preach what the Bible says about it{happened} and that our childen will be taught in school that its ok to have "two mommies or two daddies. {happened}

Yes, SPEAK any way you want. But I too have the right to say someone is full of Sh** too, it aint a one way street for these people. One thing I disagree with you about is feeling "defensive from all the fallout". Nah. Only fallout was from two people, who the subject apparently hit a little too close to home. Both made accusations and never could back them up. I HATE that.

In closing, my first post was about all the things the USMC, and other branches, were being forced to do, like banning Confederate tats, and letting in OPEN homosexuals. I reckon thats what upset a couple on here. Oh well, theyll get over it.

Now, I really am done with this.

"Bigot" as defined by your choice, Websters:

: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
Both made accusations and never could back them up. I HATE that.

You made then, I just backed them up.:usa:

Edited by strickj
Are you serious? :usa:

I'm just like every other conservative when I say "live and let live"...except when I say it, I mean it.

I'm not saying it just so I'll get left alone.

See, unlike most, I won't tell you that you can't be gay, or get married, or join the military, or get a tattoo, or do anything else to your body that is non of my business.

No you only tell people they can't be bigots or have beliefs that interfere with yours. Which is ironic because that is the very thing you gripe about. Circular arguments never work.:rolleyes:

Whereas most when they say "leave me alone and I'll leave you alone", like straightshooter here, but what they really mean is, "leave me alone, and I'll still tell you what to do".

Now, it may not always be "I'll still tell you what to do". Like in this thread, it's "don't throw your beliefs at me, but I'll still throw mine at you".(SS, before you tell me you didn't say and\or imply that, go back and look so I wont have to point that out to you,too)

I'm not the only one that has pointed out the hypocrisy here.

Again, isn't that exactly what you've been doing in every response? I just think you both are different sides of the same coin. IMHO.

strickj, I think i know you well enough (via this forum) to know how you feel about stuff and that you take this mainly tongue in cheek. I'm just ribbing you for the most part. Playing devils adv. No harm meant to ya!:lol:

No you only tell people they can't be bigots or have beliefs that interfere with yours. Which is ironic because that is the very thing you gripe about. Circular arguments never work.:rolleyes:

Again, isn't that exactly what you've been doing in every response? I just think you both are different sides of the same coin. IMHO.

Nope. I never did that.

When did I say he couldn't be a bigot?

I only pointed out the hypocrisy of the matter.

Paraphrasing here, but it was said "don't force you on me, but I will damn sure throw me on you".

strickj, I think i know you well enough (via this forum) to know how you feel about stuff and that you take this mainly tongue in cheek. I'm just ribbing you for the most part. Playing devils adv. No harm meant to ya!:lol:

Duly noted.

I often play DA aswell on things. :usa:

Guest archerdr1

I wasn't in the military, but when I was in the Police academy, There was a seasoned officer that saw my tattoo on my forearm and told my captain that I have a swastika on my arm...couldn't be further from the truth. My tattoo is a Star of David with a banner running through it with hebrew writing that says "God is My Strength" (Adonai Uzi). My captain and I got a good laugh about that!