Pendleton Rotating Safes

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I like the idea. I also like the white interior.

I'm not in the market, as I just got a new safe last year. But, out of curiosity, how expensive are they?

I just emailed them for a definite price but was only able to find some guestimates online. Anywhere from 2000 to 6000ish depending on the size and options you want is what people are saying.

I saw one at SHOT show. It looked pretty awesome. Next time I need one, I'll seriously consider one... now that I think of it, my safe flooded (contents had already been removed), might be time to replace it.

In the video, I think he says they left out the fire protection. Said something like, Do you want to shoot a gun that got up to 350 degrees in a fire? Personally, I want as much fire protection as I can get, especially for all the non-gun things in the safe.

No Fire Rating on these safes, Neat idea but I don't think this will be a big seller in the long run. If they would add a fire liner it would help, but at the price they sell for only a few people will buy them. The rotating interior is the biggest selling point but thats not enough to over come the lack of a fire liner.

SH

No Fire Rating on these safes, Neat idea but I don't think this will be a big seller in the long run. If they would add a fire liner it would help, but at the price they sell for only a few people will buy them. The rotating interior is the biggest selling point but thats not enough to over come the lack of a fire liner.

SH

How much do they retail for?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks. I just recieved an email today about pricing and fire rating. I will paste in their responses.

Attached please find the catalog you requested. Should you require additional information we would be happy to assist you concerning the different models, options, pricing, direct buying and shipping etc.

The range for our pricing is:

Knight is between 2,000.00 to 3,000.00

Bishop is between 2,500.00 to 4,000.00

King is between 5,500.00 to 6,000.00

Should you be interested, please call the above number or you can e-mail at info@pendletonsafes.com

Thank you for your interest in Pendleton Safes.

With kind regards,

G & S Security, Inc.

Now their response about fire rating.

Thank you for you interest in our safes. In regards to your question, no our safes are not fire-rated unfortunately; there is no government standards on fire testing for gun safes. Therefore, each company creates its own standards for private testing. This is obviously a huge problem. Most companies say that their safes will not exceed 350 degrees in x amount of time. But, lets think about this. Water boils at 220 degrees, steak cook at 300 degrees, and paper burns at a little over 300 degrees. Guns, scopes, binoculars, etc. are not built to withstand 350 degrees. Not to mention the carpet, rubber and paint that’s inside your safe. After talking with insurance companies, we found that even though the safes were “fire-rated” they still had to pay a claim on all the contents inside. Your valuables are not designed to withstand 350 degree heat. The Pendleton Safes protection plan offers, a new safe and 50,000 dollars if your safe is harmed in a fire. I believe that is the most honest fire protection offered in the market.

The odds of your safe burning in a house fire are very low. But, theft is very likely to occur. Therefore, security of safe is most important. That is why our safes are extremely high in security. We are a bank safe manufacturing plant. We build safes that banks keep their money in. Actually, we make bank safes for the two largest security companies in the world. And, our gun safes include much of the same technology.

Now, with our quality, high security, management and fir protection plan, the Pendleton Valuables Management System is the bust gun safe offered in the market.

Thanks,

Bruce Pendleton

Guest REDDOG79

I like this idea but not so much the nonexistence of a fire rating. They are a bit more expensive than I would want/could afford.

I'm wondering though if what they said about fire proof safes still not being good enough to protect valuables from heat. If what they say is true, than fireproofing just keeps things from being totally consumed but not ruined from the high heat. Just wondering if that's their way of justifying no fire proofing. Can high temps really damage firearms beyond repair?

A fire rated safe CAN protect your guns and other valuables from fire damage. Of course there are different fire ratings and types of fire tests. The most important thing to look at on a fire test or rating is the internal temperature of the safe during the test. Paper starts to char around 350 degrees and most gun damage doesn't occur until the 500 degree range. If you do have a fire that effects the safe you need to clean your guns. The longer the fire rating the better because, you of course want to keep the temperature as low as possible inside the safe. For example, if you have a 30 minute rated safe and have a 30 minute fire rating the temperture would reach the 350 mark, on the other hand if you have a 90 minute fire rated safe and have a 30 minute fire, it wouldn't even heat the the interior of the safe up much past 100 degrees.

Hope this helps

Edited by av88tor