anyone else hate

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when you open your tackle box and see the plastic box holding all of your hooks got knocked over and now everything is out of place

I hate that worse than anything. What I also hate is when I open the bottom section, without latching the top section. I've tried several different tackle boxes and bags, usually one or two new ones every year, and I've yet to find one that will stay organized. :cool:

I hate when the plastic worms melt in your box.

When I lived in Fla I kept my tackle in the tool box of the truck. Them dang worms would melt and just be a sticky mess. I did find though, that if I could get them apart and onto a hook that they worked better than brand new ones.

I knocked my whole tacklebox off the truck tailgate and right into the creek one time, that fairly well sucked.

Guest db99wj

I'm ready to jump into my unorganized tackle box.

Worm melts suck. Spinner bait skirts use to do the same thing. the newer ones seem to hold up better.

Oh man, I can't wait to go fishing.

Get some blue painters tape and some hard backing (plastic, cardboard, etc) lay the hooks down on the backing and lay the tape over it.

You could also just sandwich the hooks between 2 pieces of painters tape (more of a throw away method)

They easily can be cut or pulled out one at a time. You can carry a dozen this way with little space and they won't get tangled, spill or stick you.

I hate that I have two or three tackle boxes full of lures, plastics, jigs, plugs, etc. and I still usually have to fish with nightcrawlers, wax worms or minnows if I actually want to catch anything (although Powerbait does work pretty well with the Rainbows up at Tellico.)

I hate that silly things like having to spend so much time at work seem to interfere with my fishing so much.

Back when we had a boat, I hated going through all the trouble to fool with the boat only to find that I catch more fish from the bank than I ever did from the boat.

Edited by JAB
Guest BEARMAN

Here's a cure for the "melted plastic worms and plastic skirts" thing.

Ziplock baggies and unscented talcum powder.

Use a liberal amount of talc, to cover your plastics...they'll never melt again.

One problem solved.

Next problem...catching fish in a flood!

I knocked my whole tacklebox off the truck tailgate and right into the creek one time, that fairly well sucked.

I have two different boxes I use when fishing in smaller creeks, so that there's not much of a loss if I dumped one out like that. My main box that I take to the lakes is a different story. If I dumped that thing I would lose well over $1k worth of stuff, and would most likely sit down and cry until someone came to help get me back to the truck.