Question for the LEO's

Guest Caveman

Mac I thought you carried these? gun20fight2016.jpg

Lord, I carry all kinds of things, almost always 3 knives for example. 4, counting my multi-tool.

And of course, the whiskey is a must!

(I was on the way to court in that shot).

On that, good night all.

- OS

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Caveman
Lord, I carry all kinds of things, almost always 3 knives for example. 4, counting my multi-tool.

And of course, the whiskey is a must!

(I was on the way to court in that shot).

On that, good night all.

- OS

Later bro.

Guest Caveman
gun20fight2016.jpg

This is rather scary... 'cause that's no doubt what I'll look like if I live to be that age... :lol:

( I'm almost there now. )

J.

Don't worry J, you will always look like Val Kilmer to me. :shrug:

Caveman, why does it need to be expendable for car duty?

I carry a 2-ton jack handle in my truck because "my short gimpy self is unable to use the hood prop, so I use the jack handle instead when I need to raise my hood" :lol:

It lives down beside my seat for quick access from outside the truck.

It's about 16-17 inches long and has a good heavy weight to it.

Just say'in :shrug:

Edited by strickj

I carry a 2-ton jack handle in my truck because "my short gimpy self is unable to use the hood prop, so I use the jack handle instead when I need to raise my hood" :lol:

Just say'in :shrug:

That'll do it. And you raise a good point. Trying to expand an ASP in a car could have quite the effect on your windshield or interior. :cry:

Late to the party as usual. The Impact Weapon certification does NOT expire. I worked at a training school for 3 years and I never once saw anything about renewal of the chemical weapon/impact weapon/ or electronic stun device certs. Guard licenses have to be renewed, but that's it. My state cards have no renewal date on them either.

Guest Caveman

I carry a 2-ton jack handle in my truck because "my short gimpy self is unable to use the hood prop, so I use the jack handle instead when I need to raise my hood" :D

Just say'in :)

Are you asking why it has to be extendable, as in telescoping? It doesn't, a heavy jack handle would work too. Although, I will look a lot more tacticool whipping out my ASP than you will with your jack handle. :rant:

Edited by Caveman

Cavey,

I was told that the guy who did our Unarmed Security training (can't remember if you were there for that, or not) also does baton training locally. I think he's out off Watt Rd. Might be worth looking into, and I'd definitely be game.

On a side note, I carried my ASP in the truck and at the club for probably 3 years before I realized that I could hauled off to the hoosegow for it. Of course, of all the things for which I could've been jailed in those days, carrying an ASP was probably the least egregious... :blush::D

Guest Caveman
Cavey,

I was told that the guy who did our Unarmed Security training (can't remember if you were there for that, or not) also does baton training locally. I think he's out off Watt Rd. Might be worth looking into, and I'd definitely be game.

On a side note, I carried my ASP in the truck and at the club for probably 3 years before I realized that I could hauled off to the hoosegow for it. Of course, of all the things for which I could've been jailed in those days, carrying an ASP was probably the least egregious... :D:D

Yeah, I was bouncing for T/B/F at that time. We had it in Tonic and it was even more boring than the HCP class. We definitely need to look into him though.

Yep, I carried mine all those years too, not realizing it was a "crime." But, as you so eloquently put it, that was not much of a concern for us back then. :blush: I miss those days....

Guest SUNTZU

Just noticed this thread after the wolves on my knife pointed it out to me...damn those boys are handy. My training certificate has an expiration date on it. I took the class from Mike at Austin's TN Firearms. Its time to renew it. I know Punisher is saying you don't have to renew, but I'm wondering what an LEO would think if they saw that the issued certificate has an expiration date on it would do once I was pulled over after that date? I'm going to talk to Mike about it and let you know.

Just noticed this thread after the wolves on my knife pointed it out to me...damn those boys are handy. My training certificate has an expiration date on it. I took the class from Mike at Austin's TN Firearms. Its time to renew it. I know Punisher is saying you don't have to renew, but I'm wondering what an LEO would think if they saw that the issued certificate has an expiration date on it would do once I was pulled over after that date? I'm going to talk to Mike about it and let you know.
Duh! I totally forgot about Mike! That's where we all need to go if we can get this whole "re-certification" thing straightened out. After all, it looks like SUNTZU's gonna have to go back anyway... :blush:
Not to hijack this thread but what makes an asp illegal, unless your certified????????

TCA 39-17-1307

"A person commits an offense who carries with the intent to go armed a firearm, a knife with a blade length exceeding four inches (4²), or a club."

Definition of a club in 39-17-1301:

" “Club†means any instrument that is specially designed, made or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with the instrument;"

- OS

Guest Caveman
whats a Gerries?

I used to keep a bat in the truck, I also kept a baseball in there too so I would not be accused of carrying a weapon.

I believe "gerries" is short for geriatric, hence old people.

Guest Caveman

About friggin time you showed up...