HCP course reccomendations for the lady in knoxville area

Guest 1817ak47

Guest 1817ak47

any reccomendations of any place vs the other???. I had mine at CCA and no complaints but some have said there are other ones that are "better". she has finally demonstrated to me t hat she is competant to use and operate a handgun that now I wan't her to start the process.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tracker_49099

might try the one in Clinton have heard good things from som friends who have taken the classes there. phone # is 865-776-2539

I took mine at the Loudon County courthouse in a course taught by an LC Sheriff's officer. No complaints; the participants were a diverse bunch. The interesting thing about shopping for an HCP course is that most people only ever take one, so there's not much basis for comparison.

Incidentally, I think I only paid $60, which is the cheapest I've seen.

I took mine at the Loudon County courthouse in a course taught by an LC Sheriff's officer. No complaints; the participants were a diverse bunch. The interesting thing about shopping for an HCP course is that most people only ever take one, so there's not much basis for comparison.

Incidentally, I think I only paid $60, which is the cheapest I've seen.

CCA. Rick, whom you probably had (I would assume), is great. He's a great teacher and wiling to help out as much as possible. I see him out on the range teaching one-on-one classes all time and he seems to be a good teacher.

I didn't really need much but to get in out, but he was a real help to the ladies in my class. People hate on CCA, but whatever, I think CCA's about the best thing we have going in K-town.

Guest Caveman

I took mine at CCA as well. Eric the GM taught it. He was funny and he made what could have been a fight to stay awake a pleasant experience.

I hear good things about the KCSO course

+1 for the sheriff's office. I am not sure if the wait is too bad anymore. I drive past their facility and have noticed when they do a HCP course the number of cars in the lot has decreased. But they are very thorough and you get the LEO perspective of what to do in traffic stops and other situations. And as well it will be the only chance most of us ever have to use the KCSO indoor shooting range. That place is freaking immaculate.

My wife and I took our at Austins in Oak Ridge. It was a great class, knowledgable instructor, and my wife felt comfortable the whole time

Agreed. Took my class there then sent my ex-wife there to take hers as well. Highly recommended!

I used CCA. I took the intoductory class and then took the HCP class and was pleased with both. Kent Brown taught the HCP class however he is no longer with CCA. Since then I have also taken the Advanced Carry class which was taught by Rick Newstrom and he did well also. Not having taken the class anywhere else I can't compare it but I was pleased with CCA.

Guest 1817ak47
But they are very thorough and you get the LEO perspective of what to do in traffic stops and other situations.
that is important to know. this is likely going to be the one then? between use having 2 different people training us we should know more than if we both had the same individual repeat the same thing per say.
Guest Spurhunter

Frontier will have classes starting when they open the new range June 1rst, not sure if Angie is going to be teaching or not though. :tough:

Guest Caveman
I just verified Angie will indeed be teaching the CCP courses.

I think you meant HCP course. In Tennessee it is a Handgun Carry Permit.

Guest Spurhunter
I think you meant HCP course. In Tennessee it is a Handgun Carry Permit.

Yip, thanks for the correction.

I got a firsthand view of the new store last night, WOW, its going to be impressive!