• Sig P220 SA
    • Glock 21 SF
    • Springfield Armory Loaded, Stainless
    • S&W M&P Long Slide
    • Kimber Custom II, Blued
    • Dan Wesson Valor

Guest 10mm4me

Which to get.....

1. Colt XSE Commander, Stainless (ahead so far)

2. Glock 21 SF w/money left over for sights and ammo

3. Sig P220 SA

4. Springfield Armory Loaded Stainless

5. S&W M&P .45 Long Slide (bottom of the list)

6. Kimber Custom II, Blued

7. Or go crazy and get a new DW Valor

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gw2and4

I guess "all of the above" isn't an option...so my vote is either the DW or the Sig 220. Or the Colt. Or the Glock 21SF. Ok, I'm not helping so I'll shut up now.

I guess "all of the above" isn't an option...so my vote is either the DW or the Sig 220. Or the Colt. Or the Glock 21SF. Ok, I'm not helping so I'll shut up now.

that, or, I suggest #8: Witness Elite Match in .45ACP plus ammo... expensive 1911's cower in fear of it's awesomeness in accuracy and trigger-quality.

I think .45's should be steel, but that's just who I am. :wall:

Narrow down your list to the 1911's and find a price you're comfortable with.

BTW, I'm not trying to start yet another 1911/plastic pistol/reliability/whatever pissing match! :rock:

Guest HvyMtl

Ok. What you going to use it for? Plinking? (Can one really "plink" with a 45?) Carry? Home Defense? Truck Gun? Competition?

Interesting a fellow with "Glock Perfection" as their Avatar has a Colt leading his choices, over a Glock, no less :rock:

I assume the 45 will be used for satisfying shoots at the range. Personally, I want a Colt too (New Agent, for carry.) So, as it is your leading gun, I think go Colt, and enjoy.

I have found buying something which is not the "#1" on the list leads to less enjoyment of the purchase, and a possible bit of buyer remorse. Though, I think your list smacks of someone who is doing their homework...

Might as well get a 1911 now, you're gonna end up with (at least)one eventually. All kidding aside, the fact that you put a Colt 1911 on the table, and first on the list, means you want it. You won't be happy till you get one...

Might as well get a 1911 now, you're gonna end up with (at least)one eventually. All kidding aside, the fact that you put a Colt 1911 on the table, and first on the list, means you want it. You won't be happy till you get one...

+100

Depends on what you are going to be using it for...

For carry, I'd suggest the Colt Commander or a Sig 220 Carry SAO (the latter would be my preference, and that's what I voted for)

For range/target/competition, I'd suggest any of the 1911s, or the M&P Longslide

For SHTF/Home defense, it'd be hard to beat the Glock (that's what I use mine for, with an M3X attached)

Sounds like you genuinely want the DW though... so treat yourself.

I chose Springfield Loaded simply because I have one and I think that the options a person gets from a factory pistol is pretty decent.not to mention I am a little biased.Mine is reliable,accurate and fun to shoot,not to mention all stainless steel.

IMG_1123.jpg