Walther CS Sucks!!!

Guest 10mm4me

Guest 10mm4me

Bought a new P22 from a dealer and it has a super tight chamber. The gun will function when fired but cannot be manually cleared. The extractor just passes over the rim of the cartridge. I have cleaned the chamber meticulously and the problem persists. I e-mailed Walther and got nothing after 4 days, called them and was on hold for 40min. The guy says, "Well if it fires it should be ok" I said well when someone gets injured or killed from a weapon that can't be cleared properly the lawsuit you recieve will be just as fine, he didn't like that so he said well try cleaning it.:D I said I have. The round when dropped in by hand sticks out about 1mm and when fully seated requires the force of recoil or a cleaning rod to eject the case. He said send it in, I said send me a label since you let an out of spec gun out of the factory, he said ok got my address, very reluctantly, and I said thank you. I, wishingly, asked if he could just send me a new barrel assembly and I would send in the old one, he said no. Oh well, can't hurt to try. I will never purchase another Walther anything. The P22 is the only thing worth buying from them anyways.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I came very close to purchasing a P22 more than once. I was skeptical about the quality, but I figured it wouldn't be a carry gun so I almost bought one anyway. This makes me glad I opted out. Besides, I finally found an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit which which is what I really wanted anyway.

Guest 10mm4me

My other P22 has functioned perfectly flawlessly for over 2,000 rds. I got this one to give to my dad. I am not mad about the malfunction, as I understand firearms are prone to malfunction, but this service and hesitance to accept responsibity for something clearly under warranty is unexcuseable. How hard would it be to take the old barrel and send me one in spec. Drop a .22 in it, seat it all the way, tilt it upside down and if it falls out it's good.Simple to me!!!!

Sounds like you might have gotten the rudest person in CS. I definitely agree that's no way to treat a customer but I wouldn't give up on Walther just yet. Having owned a couple at one time or another and still trust my life with a P99 from time to time it sound's like you got an out of the box problem child. Depending on the elapsed time and amount of ammo down the pipe I would see if the dealer couldn't help me out with dealing with walther since the direct approach was unsavory. Maybe help grease the wheels or since it's new send the dang thing back altogether. I've never had an issue that I needed to call them on but I expect if I do and get the a**hole you dealed with then I will set aside a day for nothing but calling and chewing on someone in Walther Customer Service.

Let us know how it goes.

My other P22 has functioned perfectly flawlessly for over 2,000 rds. I got this one to give to my dad. I am not mad about the malfunction, as I understand firearms are prone to malfunction, but this service and hesitance to accept responsibity for something clearly under warranty is unexcuseable. How hard would it be to take the old barrel and send me one in spec. Drop a .22 in it, seat it all the way, tilt it upside down and if it falls out it's good.Simple to me!!!!

Agreed, it's not rocket science, it's a matter of standing behind what you sell and making up for it when things wrong.

Before I got off the phone I'd have gotten his name and Representative # then demanded to speak to his manager . All CS people at big companies that answer the phone read from a script and probably make about 8 bucks an hour and they dont give a crap about you . They get brownie points for getting the cust. off the phone without the company spending a dime . My wife worked in customer service at several different places and it was all the same help the bottom line ,up sale, de-escalate . sounds like dude just does not have what it takes for customer service .

Guest 10mm4me

I don't wanna get a guy fired, jerk or not, in this economy. Walther just won't get another dime of my money is all. I will send a complaint, it will just be a generic one.

I don't wanna get a guy fired, jerk or not, in this economy. Walther just won't get another dime of my money is all. I will send a complaint, it will just be a generic one.

I've been in Customer Service for 20 years. This type of thing does no good. If you don't name names, dates, times and places, then nothing will change and the NEXT guy will have the same problem you had and no one is willing to do anything about it. As a long time CS person, my best recommendation is THROW THE BUM UNDER THE BUS!

Well I just tested their CS out and must say you had to have either caught a total douche on a bad day or someone with their head stuck up their hind quarters. I've been needing some parts for an sp22 (target model) I bought last year and just put it up and forgot about it. Well after reading this thread I decided I would call this morning and find out how I would be treated in that situation. I called their CS dept. 1-800-372-6454, punched 3 for customer service, waited 4 minutes 23 seconds for them to come on the line. He apologized for the wait and asked what he could do for me. I told him what parts were damaged ( 3 springs that had "issues" courtesy of the previous owner) he said "no problem" took my name and address and said they were on their way.

Now I realize that's no where near the same situation you had but he gave no indication that he was being difficult. I must say I was kinda hoping for it so I could ask for someone higher up and report that a friend had been treated badly in the past week on an issue with a new gun.

Regardless of what company it is people should speak up more when treated like you were. Just like walton stated.And in the famous words of Ike Clanton in Tombstone "sometimes you have to give a man a rap on the beak to get some respect" :P

Guest 10mm4me

Am I being unreasonable want an entire new barrel assembly sent to me. I would send the old one back. I know it's bigger than a spring or sights, but a part is a part, right?

Am I being unreasonable want an entire new barrel assembly sent to me. I would send the old one back. I know it's bigger than a spring or sights, but a part is a part, right?

I don't think it's unreasonable, I was just saying you have an issue with something I'm sure walther considers more significant than a measley spring.