Glock holster...best bang for the buck

piper266

I've had a Glock 19 and 26 for almost a year now and have been carrying concealed for most of that time. I have to say that Glock has done a great job on their "Sport Combat" holster. For the money you'll spend, you'd have a hard time finding and OWB holster that even comes close. It tilts the pistol forward slightly for comfort, it's completely ambidextrous, and stands up to any abuse you can throw at it. It has strong retention and holds the pistol high enough on your belt as to easily cover it with an untucked shirt. All this for about $15.00. In addition, it doesn't harm the finish as many leather holsters do over time. Well, I'll stop ranting....it's a great buy!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gw2and4

I have to agree...I attended the Armorer Course today and had a pretty huge dose of the Kool-Aid, especially holding a G18C in my own hand. :screwy: Very cool polymer toys on the demo table. That Gaston Glock is one hell of an engineer.

The holsters and mag pouches are very hip. No pun intended.

I too am a huge fan of the the amazing cheapo Sport/Combat holster... It's replaced my pricier Blade-Tech as my IDPA holster in the interest of not getting carried away with the "gaming" aspect. I wanted to use something that I actually wear in the real world (in fact it's the only OWB holster I use, so far nothing I've come across holds the gun as high and tight no matter the price, usually It's 99% IWB for me though) were as the others, along with being totally obvious that you're carrying, pretty much require that you wear the obligatory "shoot me first vest" to conceal them... don't know about anyone else, but unless I'm at a gun match the tacti-cool vest doesn't exactly hook-up with the rest of my day-to-day fashions...

Attention Glock shooters, spend the measly $12 and try one, you won't regret it, seriously.

Guest Chad Kandros

I dont think that the Blackhawk level 2 serpa holster is one to shy away from, it's a fantastic holster, and is quick on the draw, as well as being a very secure holster if you find yourself having to run,ect with your firearm. After trying several others that i liked, the serpa level 2 is one i can take to the bank!

Guest gw2and4
Can I ask where the course was held?...I'm in Murfreesboro

Already answered, but Coal Creek Armory in Knoxville with instructor Greene. Very cool stuff.

I don't understand the belt slots.

1 1/4" to 2.5" belts.

But looks like most of the slot is covered by those little horizontal pieces?

DisplayPic.aspx?PIC=216784

- OS

You cut the slots as needed.

Ah so.

Do you glue them back if you revert to smaller belt size? :D

- OS

Guest Straight Shooter

I dont think that the Blackhawk level 2 serpa holster is one to shy away from, it's a fantastic holster, and is quick on the draw, as well as being a very secure holster if you find yourself having to run,ect with your firearm. After trying several others that i liked, the serpa level 2 is one i can take to the bank!

I agree with the poster. My Glock 21 and Beretta M9 are both in Serpas. My fastest timed draw was .66 out of it. They are great holsters.

Not sure how the serpa got into the sport/combat thread, but I gotta say it, I HATE the Serpa holsters, using your trigger finger for a gross (arguably fine) motor skill on the draw is a recipe for disaster IMO. Apparently I'm not the only one, which is why specifically the serpa holsters are banned from many well known firearms training schools due to an alarming number of NG's associated with them.