The problem is that a lot of people can't just enjoy a movie as it is meant to be, a break from reality I have never been that way and always know the difference it really surprises me how many people do not understand this :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, think I'll pass. This tells me what I need to know:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Point 1--The review is right on point for me. A very pretentious movie full of allegorical story and commentary...meant to further the cause of those wanting a non-technological society and lifestyle to "save mother earth from the evil human population."

Point 2--As entertainent, if that's what Cameron accidently did while furthering the liberal agenda and propaganda of the movie, it was only moderatly good. It was full of vibrant imagery and color and wonderful CGI work. Probably the best ever. So it was fun to watch for some of us.

Point 3--As a message piece, I felt like I was being beat over the head with the terrible way we have treated native peoples and destroying our poor, poor world.

Can't we just have meaningless escapism in our movies again? Do we really have to be berated even when trying to remove ourselves from real world problems and just have a little relaxation?

:)

Guest 73challenger
No he is correct, I should have mentioned that it comes with both a standard and a Blu Ray, Walmart had it for $21.88 including tax

Wow. I bought this package at Best Buy for 30$. I really need to stop going there. However, I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Guest JHatmaker

Sweet, I just picked this up on BR and will be playing it on a PS3 as well. I've got a new TV coming Wednesday so I'll break it in with Avatar (I'm probably the only person who hasn't seen it yet)