springfield 1911 micro compact 45

laktrash

Anybody have any experience with the springfield micro compact. I love compact 45's and this just recently caught my eye. It sures is a good lookin' gun but thats really a short barrell looks like the ejection port is kicked forward. Any imput ? I'd like have one

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I understand there's alot opinons on this from dependabilty, acuracy and ammo. I mainly like them for the safe. I'll have to say my favorites sig P245's and S&W CS 45's are a pleasure to shoot and never had any issues. Have yet to try my H&K compact. I just like the looks of little gun but have a hard time with the "cocked and locked" train of thought.

I carry a Springfield EMP 40 daily and to tell the truth I wouldnt at this point carry anything but the Springer.So far it has outperformed a lot of other pistols I have owned.It has been 100% reliable and is also accurate enough in my hands for a defense pistol.As far as the cocked and locked train of thought-all of your double action pistols are also cocked,its just that you cant see the hammer.Safety is not any less on a 1911 than a Glock or a Taurus or any other pistol thats carried with 1 in the chamber.

4" minimum bbl on a 1911 for moi. Reliability.

Make that a 5" for moi, but still doubt I'd ever consider any 1911 reliable enough to become an EDC for me. I've toyed with the idea of picking up a CBOB or some kind of commander sized 1911 too, but seems the smaller you go the more sketchy they get. Stand-still range group/bullseye shooting doesn't mean s**t to me as far as deciding on what to carry, even a Jennings can make it through those type of outings, I've seen some of the nicest 5" 1911's money can buy crap out at IDPA matches far too many times and had my own high-end one hiccup while being babied...

JMHO, they're cool guns, but I don't know if you should trust your life to one. Don't want to start a flame war with any 1911-guys, just think people need to see some of these guns be pushed before they declare them 100% that's all... Try the little guy out if you like those style, but I wouldn't go small in the interest of carrying it.

Edited by CK1
Meant Jennings, not Norinco

I've had two of the micros. Still have the first one ... got it in '07 ... love it. NEVER (so far) had a FTF. And for what it's worth, it's more accurate than I am. (I'd still have the other one, but money talks, so it took a walk.)

I am no expert, but my Springfield has digested everything I've fed it so far --- probably a dozen or more different brands of self-defense and FMJ. I've not kept count of the rounds down the tube, but it would have to be easily over a thousand, and again, no problems --- not one. Not a problem with the first mag, not a problem with the last mag, and no problems in between. The next time out, it may have a problem, but if so, it will be the first.

Like I said, I'm no expert with a handgun, but I can wear out the bullseye at 15 yards, and beyond that, out to 30, I can still keep it on the paper.

Honestly, it is more accurate than my full-size Colt. And I LIKE Colts. I also like full-size 1911's, but the Colt stays in the safe. The Springer, I carry.

Hope this helps.

Another +1 on the Springer micro's. My first 1911 was a micro and it ate everything I put through it. I got mystified by the big 1911's and bought two Kimbers and a Para Warthog. The Kimbers shot fine, I was always scared to carry them as I might mar my thousand dollar pistols, plus they are big! The Para was a dud, wouldn't shoot anything.

You'll like the micro.

I've got a Springer Micro-compact, and have absolutely no complaints with it whatsoever. It will eat anything I feed it, even when pretty danged dirty, and carries very easily and comfortably. At defensive ranges, is as accurate as you are, maybe moreso. Recoil is surprisingly manageable...several folks have shot mine and been quite surprised at how easily handled this gun is in their hands. The only modification I've made is having SA put fiber sights on it - my eyes and the stock sights just don't get along, but that is true for all guns with that style sights. Oh, well, did put a set of Esmeralda's grips on it, too...