Sig P250

waynesan

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I know that the SIG faithful have been pining for it for over a year now. I'm not real big on the whole interchangeable frame gimmick as I think replaceable backstraps would have made a LOT more sense and multiple grip straps could have been included with each gun.

I'm not real big on the whole interchangeable frame gimmick as I think replaceable backstraps would have made a LOT more sense and multiple grip straps could have been included with each gun.

I agree. What are the local gun shops supposed to do, buy all three grip assemblies so they can "interchange" at customers request?:cool: I too think SIG could have engineered a better solution.

Guest utarch00
I know that the SIG faithful have been pining for it for over a year now. I'm not real big on the whole interchangeable frame gimmick as I think replaceable backstraps would have made a LOT more sense and multiple grip straps could have been included with each gun.

It is a little more than just changing out backstraps. The concept is supposed to allow the user to have the capabilties to change from a fullsize frame/capacity and slide to a compact frame and slide. This would allow you to have an everyday compact carry gun and then on the weekends change it to a production class competition gun, without having to buy multiple guns. The metal frame is the serial numbered part and everything else is interchangable. In theory, it is supposed to be cheaper to buy all of the extra parts for multiple setups, then multiple guns.

I will hold my judgement until I hold one and shoot one. If it is anything like my SigPro 2022, then it will be a winner. If it is anything like the first runs of the GSR, Mosguito, or 556, then I think Sig will fall flat on their face. Just my opinion.

Guest gcrookston

perhaps a woman came up with this idea? I've heard on more than once: "why do you need more than one gun?"

...if my wife found out I had one of these, this could possibly toll in the end of my overt gun buying days...