Something told me things were going ok with my permit application yesterday. So I emailed Lisa. She told me my permit was issued on 4/8/10 and printed on 4/12/10, and that I should be getting it in about 10 days. HOORAH!!!! And the mailman thought I was charging him before....... Lisa is really a sweet and nice lady. My first email to her was just on a whim on a Friday night. She answered me on a Saturday morning. she was super sweet. Just makes the whole thing so much nicer when you have someone who puts up with us guys (and gals) who probably bug her more than we should, but we can't help it cuz it's like your first Christmas and you just can't wait. So many people who work for the government or the state are rarely kind, and when you deal with someone who breaks that stereotype it's great. I sorta feel sorry NOW for my mailman!

Edited by BlackHawk93
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lo and behold, I went to the mailbox today, not really expecting to see it, and there it was. My permit. I think the neighbors thought I had won the lottery or something. Am suprised the print farm printed it on 4/12/10 and I got it 2 days later. Am very happy. The only holsters I have are a couple of paddles, and a couple of Don Hume belt slots. For today the paddles were more comfortable and with them if I pull my shirt over it it appears I'm shoplifting something. So when I went to Wally World and a few other places, I just left it open. Am not really a big fan of open carry, but no one seemed to notice or even care. I'm ex military and I guess maybe with the way I dress I appear to look like an officer. No one even looked as far as I could tell. Overall a good experience. Now to just talk the wife into getting me a good High Noon holster and belt. Horsehide. Then I'll be set.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Congrats!

What day did you apply/get fingerprinted?

I'm trying to judge how long they are taking.

I'm over a month now...

I did mine almost exactly 1 week after you got yours... so.. whenever you get yours... I'll start checking the mailbox again.