Who here has had a carry permit the longest?

Guest Jamie

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe
Got my permit in 1987 in Florida, but been carring since 1962,

As soon as I read the thread title I KNEW you would pop in and be in contention to win this one.:P

The only record I may hold is the WAIT time.....

Dumb :D + non existent dumb :D + more dumb :poop: = 177 days

And ALL of it was 20 years old :popcorn:

Guest Sgt. Joe
i dont believe 177 days will qualify took my son and i 8 MONTHS. i have called that sheriff more names that cant be printed and did everything i could to vote him out of office

Darn!!

Just goes to show I cant win nutin:rolleyes:

I got my first permit from the Sheriff of a county in Middle Tennessee in 1994. There were two words misspelled on it and one word used incorrectly. I had to have a bond and the permit was issued for me to carry only one gun, the serial number of which was listed on the permit. I was just sure I would get stopped and have to produce that permit with the misspelled words on it, only to have some LEO laugh at me and tell me the next time I faked a document, use spellcheck.

Guest 270win

Arkansas used to put the guns you carried on your concealed handgun license back in the mid 1990's. The state police required folks to qualify with the gun and recorded the serial number. I doubt it was popular because by the time I got my license, I just had to qualify with a semi auto pistol to carry a semi auto pistol, revolver, or derringer. Folks who do not qualify with semi autos can only carry revolvers and derringers. I have never heard of the bond requirement back home though. I am assuming TN did that bond requirement as a hurdle to discourage people from getting permits/directives from the sheriffs depts?