New Rifle

Guest 10mm4me

Guest 10mm4me

I am a hypocrite. I swore up and down I would never buy an AR. Well, I recently came upon an opportunity to walk out the door w/a brand new S&W M&P15OR flattop for $830. I gave it a workout Sunday and remembered how awesome they are. Used the A2 and M4 in the service. I think I am hooked. I will post pics later. Magpul backup sights, Magpul 30rd P-mag, and I get 5 of these mags from S&W free. Might put a Leupold Mark AR on it but nothing else. I hate AR's that look like they spent a week @ Best Buy.

04130008331.jpg

Edited by 10mm4me
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any signs of melting on that front magpul sight? It says not to mount them directly to the gas block, but I was betting it would be o.k. unless you are into mag dumps and excessive rounds being fired at one occasion.

Guest 10mm4me
Any signs of melting on that front magpul sight? It says not to mount them directly to the gas block, but I was betting it would be o.k. unless you are into mag dumps and excessive rounds being fired at one occasion.

You know I read that too, post de facto, and I fired approx 300 rds Sun, I was shooting 3 rd grps to get a good BZO, followed by failure drills, and other similar things. Never fired any faster than a double tap. Took the front sight off, no damage whatsoever. I don't think it will be a problem. To me the rail on the handguard would transfer just as much heat. I touched that gas block after firing and it was cool as could be. I think that is just a Magpul liability thing. And if it melts it cost $30 and I will get something else. Need to call smith and see if I can get some of those Troy sights out of them w/the M&P logo on them. My friend has the same set up and his is fine too. If it didn't melt after 300 rds though, I think it will be ok.

I am a hypocrite. I swore up and down I would never buy an AR. Well, I recently came upon an opportunity to walk out the door w/a brand new S&W M&P15OR flattop for $830. I gave it a workout Sunday and remembered how awesome they are. Used the A2 and M4 in the service. I think I am hooked. I will post pics later. Magpul backup sights, Magpul 30rd P-mag, and I get 5 of these mags from S&W free. Might put a Leupold Mark AR on it but nothing else. I hate AR's that look like they spent a week @ Best Buy.

04130008331.jpg

I'll have you know I didn't go to Best Buy. All mine came from Ebay. :rolleyes: