Para Ordnance Warthawg 9mm

Guest dboonekilledabearhere

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Para's don't compare to anything else, I have 2 a P12 and a P14. Ive had the P12 forYEARS! and no plans on getting rid of it. Almost bought one for the wife a few years ago, but she doesnt like the .45 recoil and went with a CZ 2075RAMI in 9mm. It actually has more recoil than my P12 with stiff springs.

Opinion only. The P series are great guns, the hawg series not so much.

I haven't owned a P14, but my brother carries one daily. I have shot it and he has thousands of rounds through it. Flawless.

Now, I did own a Para Light Hawg, the .45 ver of the subcompact with a light rail. It wouldn't run through a single magazine without choking on something, stovepiping, failing to eject, the whole ball of wax.

It was a purty little gun, I had it done up with grips and Pearce extensions as I ordered it online and had it shipped to FFL. Just never could get it to run.

Sold it to Uselton's. It went home to another area of useless.

i have had one for seven years. it too had problems feeding from time to time. wolff mag springs cured that problem completely with my carry ammo. it still has a little trouble feeding my lead SWC handloads. might be fine on a roundnose. bill

Guest BigShot

Though not a Hawg, I have a 3" LDA Carry .45 in stainless that's had ZERO problems and is as accurate as my 4" home built .45 and my factory 5" P14 Limited. No complaints here. :popcorn:

After much research, asking questions, visiting gun shops I believe I have decided to get the Colt Defender .45. I do not own a .45 so I am not 100% sure what to expect in regards to recoil/push, etc. To me the gun has great fit and finish and feels great in the hand. I feel it is small enough to my edc. Any sugestions/thoughts on this gun and/or holster options?

Guest BigShot

Just thinkin', dBoone...

but is that the small Colt with the trench sights? Ya'know like a groove down the slide instead of an actual tap-in sight. If it is, I'm just curious how you like that and if it's okay. I have not looked at one myself. Jes' curious.

BigShot, I think you may be thinking of the Colt New Agent. The NA has the trench sight. I looked at this gun but being fairly new to the handgun scene I did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling about the style. It is a nice looking gun with smooth lines and all but I chose the Defender instead. Click the link below to view the Defender and the New Agent.

Oh and by the way thanks for the great deal Tri-Cities Gun Depot.

http://www.coltsmfg.com/products-c5-q51-COLT_PISTOLS.aspx#

Edited by dboonekilledabearhere