PT709 Slim - IWB suggestions?

StPatrick

Despite my tendency towards "big-name" gun snobbery (Sig, Springfield, etc.), I recently picked up a Taurus PT709 "slim". The reviews have been good, and it fit my needs, as I saw them, at a price point that provided good value.

Who carries one IWB, and what rig are you using? I'm leaning toward a Crossbreed MiniTuck out of brand loyalty, but wondering what other good options are out there before I purchase.

Thanks for your input!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the missus one of these a little while back. So far, so good. No failures of any shape, sort, or size. Ain't the most accurate thing I've shot, though. Might be the pull, or it might be the small grip ... ... or it just might be me. But so far, about 300 rounds in, it's gone "bang" each and every time. We've tried 4 different brands of ammo so far with no problems (except accuracy).

The missus loves it. Her "groupings" aren't groupings --- they're spread all over the place. But so far, again, every round has at least hit the target.

Guest SigGrl

I just recently got a 709 as my carry. I'm planning on getting the Crossbreed Supertuck for my IWB carry.

I spent the day at the range with it last Sunday, and I thought it was SUPER accurate!! I had really good groupings too (I think Buk has some pictures of them somewhere). The trigger and the recoil took some getting used to but after a bit, it was second nature. It doesn't shoot as smooth as the Sig P6, but the size for carry is a good trade off. I've had no issues with ammo type or FTF. I LOVE it!!

How do you like the Slim so far? Any issues?

I've thought about picking one up since they're priced so well.

I just shot it for the first time on Saturday, and I've got some practicing to do. I'm certain it's not the gun, since I've never fired anything smaller than a 229. I'm in Franklin as well; shoot me a message if you want to try it out.

Despite my own shooting flaws, my first impression is that it's a good value for the price. Fit and finish are good, and the sights are good enough to do what it's intended to do. Recoil is also very manageable.

Guest pelican

I've had mine for 3 months and really like it. I did have to install/modify some pinky extensions so my little finger had something to rest upon. Don't like the little one dangling!

Other than that, it's been great. It is small in my hand where a XD fits just right, but for the slim profile, it's nearly unseen in a front jeans pocket.

Just my .02.

Thanks, Robert