Talk about AWESOME service... KAHR!

For those who missed my original gripe a few weeks ago, it goes a little somethin like this...

I don't get to purchase a new handgun very often. After a little studying, and against the advice of a couple of friends I work with, I decided to leave my comfort zone(SA, S&W, SIG) and purchased a brand new Kahr P380! Sweet little gun, and makes my XD sub appear to be a MONSTER! It is as concealable as one could ask for, super thin, great feeling and overall aesthetically amazing! Wow!

(excuse the LG cell pics)

0317102115-00.jpg

Compared to my XDs/c

0317102116-00.jpg

20100318180930.jpg

Now...

Hope I haven't screwed up royally this time. Here is the email I just sent to Kahr requestin a Return Authorization::devil:

NIB. Purchased YESTERDAY! Tried multiple cartridge types, and ALL fail to battery. Attempted slide lock, mag insert, then slide release, FAILS TO BATTERY. Mag inserted, then manual slide rack, FAILS TO BATTERY. Hand loaded 1 round and fired, 2nd round FAILS TO BATTERY. Appears to hang round on extractor. I AM NOT PLEASED WITH MY 1st KAHR PURCHASE!

New out of box and stripped to clean and THERE ARE NO MARKINGS ANYWHERE ON THE FIREARM TO INDICATE ANY TEST FIRING FROM FACTORY! I purchased at the same time as friend who urged me to buy a SIG p238 as he did, I hope this was not a mistake. I also hope your customer svc/repair can make up for the disappointment I have had with this weapon.

UPDATE...Heres my experince with Kahr Arms.

After sending above email to Kahr, I recieved a response the next day...

Your RA is 575C. Because of the circumstances we can pick up shipping on this. Our Fed Ex account number is **********. When you ship it just let them know they need to bill it to that account. Please email me back if you need any other info.

Ian Burr

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I made it to the local FedEx office at 5:45pm (Monday), shipped it overnight air ($50 some odd on their dime!). They signed for it the next day (Tuesday) am. THAT FRIDAY I get home from work and there is a FedEx door hanger saying they missed me and required a signature!!! I rushed that afternoon to pick it up.

Sent Monday afternoon to Worcester MA, and had it back Friday!! WOW! It appears the Moons know about taking care of their customers! :rofl:

Work order shows they polished feed ramp, slide stop, and slide, as well as replaced the extractor and recoil spring.

Report: I LOVE IT! Just over 100 rounds through it and NO FAILURES OF ANY KIND!! NADA!

Sweet shooter, and suprisingly accurate for such a small weapon.

100% Recommend Kahr!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I had a very similar experience back about 7 years ago when I bought my Kahr P9. I would be able to get through a few rounds but every so often it would stovepipe. I thought it might just be my grip, but could not get it to feed more than a magazine or two without this happening.

I called customer service, and they did the same thing. I sent my gun to them Fedex and it was returned to me 2 days later. 7 years later it has never happened again. I am really happy with my Kahr and their customer service. I understand things having problems every once in a while and don't expect everything to always be perfect, but its how the company handles these things that really shows quality to me.

Guest bkelm18

Excellent. I've only needed to send a pistol back to the manufacturer once. It was a Kel-Tec P3AT and they did me right. Paid for everything and it was only out of my hands for maybe a week. Ran 100% after that. Good to hear of companies standing behind their product.

Guest cheez

The only pistol I have ever had to send back was a Kahr PM40. They were great in taking it back and paying shipping both ways. All three times that it got sent back! They however never did fix all the problems with my gun so I traded it off.

Glad you had a good experience with yours.