Scope on a Savage Mark II?

Bubbatn

I was just wondering if anyone that has this same gun could give me some first hand experience on mounting a scope on it? It has the pre-drilled holes for mounting scope mounts, however I would like to make sure that whatever scope I buy will clear the factory sites on it(as I really don't want to have to remove them). Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to make sure of this without actually trying a scope on first?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just looking on the Savage site and they show a few of them that have the rails already installed, but the regular "Mark II F" shows no rails. It just has the drilled/tapped holes.

Which model do you have?

No, Here is a picture of basically the same gun I have, except this one has the rails already attached(which I need)....

340bdae5d2fb41e285407616473412b0.jpg

If you look at the standard "Mark II F" model on the Savage Site, it doesn't show the rails, nor does it mention it coming with them. It just says it has the pre-drilled/tapped holes.

I dunno for sure but I am fairly confident you could get the two rails off the internet.

If you do come up with the rails things I have a set of Leupold raised rings that were made for them I would be happy to give you because I am such a nice guy. They will allow you to use the iron sights with the scope on the rifle.

Maybe try Walmart or call the store where you bought the rifle.

If the rifle was new it should have had them. Double check what came with the gun in the box

I dunno for sure but I am fairly confident you could get the two rails off the internet.

If you do come up with the rails things I have a set of Leupold raised rings that were made for them I would be happy to give you because I am such a nice guy. They will allow you to use the iron sights with the scope on the rifle.

Maybe try Walmart or call the store where you bought the rifle.

If the rifle was new it should have had them. Double check what came with the gun in the box

Yeah, The store I got it from does have them, but I just wanted to make sure there aren't different sizes of them or anything(the woman there that day wasn't quite sure about them). To make sure the rails would work with the mounts, and the mounts would work with the scope.

And Mike, Thanks! I may take you up on that as long as the mounts would work with whatever scope I end up with?

Guest BJEC1248

I have a variation of that rifle; mine is the stainless 1 w/the target barrel & thumb hole stock. it is VERY accurate, & so IMO is worth a good scope, well set-up. I did mine by following an EXCELLENT tutorial that was posted on rimfirecentral.com.