Vortex SPARC! Nice!

Just picked up one up a new Vortex SPARC for my MSAR and I gotta say, it is nice!:) In the box comes the optic, x2 doubler, 2 mounts (low and high), 2 mount shims, lens covers, extra battery, cleaning cloth, and all the papers. Construction seems very solid and I really like the no questions asked lifetime warranty.

The high mount co-witness's on an AR and if you add the shim it will lower 1/3 witness. The low mounts are mainly for shotguns ect. I used the high mount without any shim for my MSAR.

The dot itself gets very bright and although I haven't got it to the range yet I really like it. Battery life is supposed to be 120 hrs on high and up to 8000 hrs on normal (mid) setting. It is NV compatible and has an auto shutoff after 6 hrs.

Some don't like the buttons on the Strikefires/SPARC but presently I do. Very easy and intuitive to work. Probably not what I'd want in war time, but then again maybe I would.:P

GEDC0174.jpg

GEDC0173.jpg

My MSAR barrel is getting threaded ATM so pics and range report coming next week.

Edited by Smith
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a Vortex Viper last week. Not the same, but like you said, their products seem to be a good quality. That warranty is nice too. I haven't had a chance to mount it yet, but I played around with it a little freehand and it was nice and clear on all magnifications. I'd like to know how your SPARC works for you just to see the overall quality of their product lines since this is my first experience with Vortex.

Updated with pics and the new Levang Comp. Adco threaded the barrel to standard 1/2x28 ($65). It looks a little unbalanced with the 42 rnd mag, but I'm happy. Overall length is still 20". The barrel itself with out the comp is 18.5". Only thing left is one of those 20/20 rails and a 6.8 conversion or 7.62x39. I love this thing!:popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...
I just swapped the config on mine to Eotech and a UTG tac lite....i will post it up tonite....I actually like the tulip style flashhider....Have you shot it with the Levang comp? That SPARC looks pretty cool.

Not yet. I just got the new E-4 stock in today! I moved the SPARC back and used the lower mount. I think it will work better that way. I'm also going to try a Phantom 5C2 and see how that goes. I really like the Phantom. I hope to get to the range soon, but with the baby due this week it will probably be awhile.:P