Address Change & C&R FFL

So, I was looking at my C&R today and noticed that it says I must notify the FFLC at least 30 days prior to moving should I decide to get a new crib. WTH?? What if I sell my house and buy a new one within a couple of weeks? Am I looking at possible "discipline"? How many people know the address they are moving to over 30 days prior to moving there?

There may be a good answer to this in the regs somewhere, but I'm too tired to go look it up now.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston
So, I was looking at my C&R today and noticed that it says I must notify the FFLC at least 30 days prior to moving should I decide to get a new crib. WTH?? What if I sell my house and buy a new one within a couple of weeks? Am I looking at possible "discipline"? How many people know the address they are moving to over 30 days prior to moving there?

There may be a good answer to this in the regs somewhere, but I'm too tired to go look it up now.

You will need to fill out and submit an Application for an Amended FFL Form 5300.38. You will need to send a copy to the CLEO at your new location. You should have received this form with your packet when you received your C&R.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5300-38.pdf

The research fee was $50.00. Make check payable to TGO David and send it to the prescribed address. You're welcome. :koolaid:

Edited by gcrookston

Thanks, but not quite what I was getting at. I wasn't curious HOW to do it, I was concerned with the requirement to inform them 30 days prior to the move. I'd imagine most folks don't know the address where they will be moving for a full 30 days prior to the move.

Guest bkelm18
Thanks, but not quite what I was getting at. I wasn't curious HOW to do it, I was concerned with the requirement to inform them 30 days prior to the move. I'd imagine most folks don't know the address where they will be moving for a full 30 days prior to the move.

That's if you want uninterrupted validity of your FFL. They say that so you have plenty of time before you move to get your FFL with your updated address so that as soon as you move you're good to go. Whereas if you apply for a change after you move, your FFL is not valid at your new address until you get your new one. The ATF could really care less when you move. It's more for your sake that you notify them at least 30 days in advance.

Guest gcrookston
That's if you want uninterrupted validity of your FFL. They say that so you have plenty of time before you move to get your FFL with your updated address so that as soon as you move you're good to go. Whereas if you apply for a change after you move, your FFL is not valid....

...and you are to cease and desist all activities pertaining to your FFL at your new location until this form is completed and accepted by the ATF and the CLEO in your new area are notified... That includes activities pertaining to your C&R.

I got mine originally in TX, then transfered it to NC, MS, and LA before finally deciding it wasn't worth the bother and terminated it. It's not that big a deal until you don't send the paperwork in (from what I understand). I was late doing it a couple of times. I just posted my resumption date 30 days after the mail date. No big deal.

Edited by gcrookston