NEW EDC LED Flashlight

NEW EDC LED Flashlight

The size and power to size/weight ratio of these lights make not carrying not an option.

Check this out.

4Sevens Quark MiNi

2inches long, 3/4 inches in diameter and .5 ounce. eek.gif

180 Lumens!!

http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=297_355

$39 includes shipping and if you use the cpf8 code you get another 8% discount.

Pre-orders for April 15th shipping.

A bit of an oddity for a battery though. CR2.

There are rechargeables available on Amazon.

829647255_FPk36-L.jpg

There is even a Titanium version with a "battery for life program".

829647324_9Sdws-L.jpg

My favorite EDC is still the 4 Seven Preon 2XAAA. 160 lumens.

Eneloop rechargables.

Preon 2 - 4Sevens.Com

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweeeeet light, I went with a penlight instead just because they slip into a pocket easier. I carry the streamlight stylus pro. Also have the Fenix LD20.

I have the Streamlight MicroStream for pocket carry and the Stylus Pro to keep in the car. They always light my path and would not want to be without them.

However, that is a very handsome flashlight.

I like the 2XAAA styling and carry ease of the 4Sevens Preon.

I have been carrying it since December. The Basic Black version.

I bought the "kit" which came with a 1XAAA body also.

Preons-2.jpg

Preon in the 1XAAA format with a Quark Mini 123A and Seecamp .380.

IMG_1318-1.jpg

I carry a Streamlight Microstream in my pocket. They're great little lights. It's "only" 20 lumens from a single AAA, but it's very handy and a useful tool. Now, that Quark MiNi AA which puts out 90 lumens from a single AA battery ... that I just might have to pick up.

• 4 weeks later...
How are you liking the Fenix LD20?

It's a little too big to carry in a pocket but overall it's a great light. The strobe feature is blinding!

It is currently my night stand flashlight if the power ever goes out.

It's a little too big to carry in a pocket but overall it's a great light. The strobe feature is blinding!

Cool, I'm considering it for my bag light.

Guest CK1

I got this little guy a few weeks ago at Guns and Leather for $10 and it's a pretty awesome piece due to it's size, power, and "stab-ability" in it's little package ...makes a lot of sense and if I loose it it'll be no big deal. FYI, I turned around the clip on mine and pulled the rubber thingy over it so it doesn't stab me when I reach for it though... (the sucker is sharp)

NEBO Tools

It does what my $100 Surefire Executive Defender does, except it's about half as bright and half the size (actually a better size for EDC)... my Surefire spends most of it's time sitting on a shelf in my closet as it's appetite for batteries and bulbs is a PIA...

Guest 73challenger

I agree. I have a LD20 and it is a little large to pocket carry. It is very bright though and I like the UI. I have just been using it around the house and keeping it in the pouch it came with on my rifle bag. I have a surefire 6p as my beside the bed light. On my ar I have a G2 with a light hound dropin. If I EDC a light its my Fenix E01.

I got this little guy a few weeks ago at Guns and Leather for $10 and it's a pretty awesome piece due to it's size, power, and "stab-ability" in it's little package ...makes a lot of sense and if I loose it it'll be no big deal. FYI, I turned around the clip on mine and pulled the rubber thingy over it so it doesn't stab me when I reach for it though... (the sucker is sharp)

NEBO Tools

It does what my $100 Surefire Executive Defender does, except it's about half as bright and half the size (actually a better size for EDC)... my Surefire spends most of it's time sitting on a shelf in my closet as it's appetite for batteries and bulbs is a PIA...

I have 3 NEBO flashlights similar to that one. They are pretty good little lights for money.

Guest Straight Shooter

Ive checked the websites, but cant find out where the Fenix & NEBO lights are manufactured. Anyone know?

I have been using a surefire EL1 for several years for EDC. The specs on Quark mini shown above is impressive (I looked at the 123 models on the web site). Looks like a possible replacement. I would like to hear from anyone who has and carries one of these.

Guest strelcevina

i have Fenix LD01 as EDC.

and now that i had to use it in emergency, i can tell you it was a life saver.

it preformed 90% of what i really needed

i wish low was even less than 1 lumen. just for night time illumination.

there is no need for more than that

d cel maglite was dead after few hours.

Maglite xl 100. is perfect.

low is less than 1 lumen of very usable light.

i just wish high were around 150+

it is still next to me as i write.

now i will look for even better replacement.

low- less than 1 lumen , for as much run time as possible.

medium around 50 lumens , for walking around, and not use to much battery power.

and high for more than 100 lumens. maybe 150 would be perfect

I looked at the video reviews of the Nebo on youtube and it looks like a fairly good little light for the price. I just picked one up on fleabay for less than $12 shipped. If I don't like it, I'm not out much. I can always find something to do with it.