WWI Trench Gun anybody?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest reaper1880

i have one and love it ,wouldnt trade it for anything. no trigger stop just hold trigger back and it will fire each pump til empty

Edited by reaper1880
Guest coldblackwind

My dad just traded the non trench gun version of that for the trench gun. Strangely enough, the first one worked great (same company), the trench gun literally fell apart when he fired it...Not sure why yet, he sent it back under warranty, may have just got a bad one.

Guest goomba

I'd love to have one....with a bayonet too!

new a guy years ago that had an original, when he added the bayonet....talk about intimidation factor!

Does the fit and finish look as good the person as it does in the picture?

Oh yeah, it was absolutely beautiful looking. The lumber on it was outstanding. I am not really a shotgun guy, but I am considering one of these for home defense use.

I have also seen and fired an original, fit and finish was the same. Of course the replica never saw battle so it was not beat up at all as are most milsurps.

Oh yeah, it was absolutely beautiful looking. The lumber on it was outstanding. I am not really a shotgun guy, but I am considering one of these for home defense use.

I have also seen and fired an original, fit and finish was the same. Of course the replica never saw battle so it was not beat up at all as are most milsurps.

Thanks for the info. That seems like a good price on a very nice looking gun.

i have one and love it ,wouldnt trade it for anything. no trigger stop just hold trigger back and it will fire each pump til empty

I have a Savage (Western Field) that works like that. It is not a trench gun but is a WWII Riot gun with US markings. "Just hold the trigger back and pump til empty" :poop:

Guest 70below
I got to shoot one of those ( trench gun replica) last weekend, it is pretty nice.

+1..........very nice weapon. I thought it was the real deal until I saw the import mark.

Guest SUNTZU

Just got off the phone with Mark@Sea who asked me to post this as he cannot since he'll be out of contact for part of the evening doing his ninja warlord stuff...or auto repairs.

The trench guns are $449.95 plus shipping plus tics plus local dealer transfer fee. Its $170 for the full race action job which is on his. When you get the action job it gives you a lifetime warranty on the firearm. PM Mark@Sea for the next week for more information.

I, too, got to shoot this firearm. Vedy vedy nice.

DSC03730.jpg

It's chinese, but after the first, poorly made, production run, one of the premier cowboy action gunsmiths went over to china, got them to fix what needed fixing, arranged for the wood (walnut) to come from the US (chinee wood just doesn't do it), and introduced them to quality control. The latest production runs are very well made, better steel than the originals.

The gunsmith is one of a few '97 experts, and he also does the action job SunTzu mentioned. The gun is a workhorse without it, a racehorse with it.

Note, it doesn't come with a bayonet - I acquired that seperately. A 'civilian' version of this gun is available without the heatshield/bayonet lug.

This version is made in limited runs, if you want one anytime the next 4 or 5 years, get it now. I'm considering a second one, they make darn fine HD guns. They will hold 6 2-3/4 shells, that very solid walnut makes a buttstroke something to fear, there is no safety beyond the half-cock position on the hammer. With the action job, it is smoother than my old ithaca model 37.