UFO's Yes or no

Do you believe in UFO's  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in UFO's

• Yes
    • No

I know I have seen some weird stuff in the sky, my wife has had two unexplainable experiences.

I believe it is quite possible to "bend" the rules of physics. Just because earthlings can't do it does not mean it can't be done. Interesting stuff really.

You're probably right. We don't have all the pieces yet. I just always tend to go with what we know now.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck - just things I've seen thought up in my lifetime leave me little doubt that we'll invent things like warp drive, light sabers, etc. and break the 'rules' of physics..

As to the original question, one of my favorite quotes from the book (and movie) Contact by Carl Sagan is "So if it's just us... seems like an awful waste of space". I vote yes.

Guest Guitarsnguns
And let's leave the theme of "probing" out of the stories. :rolleyes:

I believe.

I saw an impossibly quiet aircraft that seemed to be tracking the truck that a buddy and me were riding on some backwoods farm roads for nearly a half an hour. I swore it was a UFO for years untill I learned that there was a U.S.A.F. research and testing facility nearby.

Heck - just things I've seen thought up in my lifetime leave me little doubt that we'll invent things like warp drive, light sabers, etc. and break the 'rules' of physics..

As to the original question, one of my favorite quotes from the book (and movie) Contact by Carl Sagan is "So if it's just us... seems like an awful waste of space". I vote yes.

I'll never say it's just us. The question is all about travel. We have surveyed the "immediate" vicinity.

I think it's possible that there's more life out there somewhere else, but I don't have any good examples for proof. Back when I use to sit outside and get drunk every night I saw alot of things in the sky. Personally since I was drunk I would like to think that I was just seeing things. However, it could also be argued that since I was drunk, some of what I was seeing may have in fact been UFO's. :rolleyes:

Guest SUNTZU
You mean like...wormholes? The idea of bending the fabric of spacetime means that 2 points in the universe can be "bridged" without the need for "speed"... :)

:D...I wish your truck could generate wormholes, cause you are always late. I'd blame your woman, but she stabbed me in the hand the last time I teased her. :tinfoil:

Do I believe that there is other life in the universe? Yes.

Do I believe in unidentified flying objects? Yes. I've seen one - as in a flying object that could not be readily identified and did not behave like any aircraft I have ever seen (posted the story in the 'Weird Road Stories' thread.)

Are these Unidentified Flying Objects being piloted by extra-terrestrial beings? I have no clue. Have I, personally, ever been visited, abducted, probed or given a cool red suit that gave me super powers (but unfortunately lost the instruction manual)? Nope. Well, at least not that I am aware.

This'n seem clear enough: HowStuffWorks "Problems with the Big Bang Theory"

I swallowed the big bang theory until they discovered black holes. That kind of shoots the gravity thing all to hell.

Ok, from what I read, the main reason the big bang theory doesn't hold up is due to the lack of a unfified theory. those are the pieces that are missing. A lot of those pieces could be filled in over the next couple of years with the collider experiments.

Nothing on that site disputed the fact that the universe is expanding from a point source, or that the big bang theory isn't the most popular among scientists.

Why won't black wholes fit into current gravity theory?

Guest SUNTZU
Do I believe that there is other life in the universe? Yes.

Do I believe in unidentified flying objects? Yes. I've seen one - as in a flying object that could not be readily identified and did not behave like any aircraft I have ever seen (posted the story in the 'Weird Road Stories' thread.)

Are these Unidentified Flying Objects being piloted by extra-terrestrial beings? I have no clue. Have I, personally, ever been visited, abducted, probed or given a cool red suit that gave me super powers (but unfortunately lost the instruction manual)? Nope. Well, at least not that I am aware.

You're still a great American hero. :tinfoil:

So, if the universe is expanding (and I believe that it is) then what is it expanding into? Nothingness? Is there any physical nature to said nothingness? If not, then would the laws of physics apply within that void? Further, if all of the matter in the universe were compacted into a tiny, tiny space (as at least one version of the big bang theory holds) would not the laws of space/time and all physics be warped or even broken by all of the energy contained there? I guess I am saying that it might just be a mistake to try and apply the laws of physics as they exist within our universe to a time and place where no universe existed. Couldn't it be that the creation of the universe did not have to play by those rules? Just some ideas that are tumbling around in my head. I'm certainly no astrophysicist - or any kind of physicist, though.

If humans could build a ship that would allow a human being to travel beyond the edge of the universe - into the void - would the laws of physics apply? Could the laws of physics as we know them be manipulated? One more question, just for kicks - what would happen if that human, beyond the realm of the physical universe, floating alone as the only being in the void, were to utter the words, "Let there be light,"?

I voted no- however, Ive had a couple things Ive seen while over the road that I still cant explain. Once in Texas, once up in Ohio, I think it was. Im open minded about it to an extent, bit its one of those things Id have to see and really know it was alien before I believed completely.

Edit: I apparently caused some hard feelings by my post and have retracted those comments. My apologies to Straight Shooter.

Yes, I've seen things several times, in the sky, that I could not identify. Therefore I fall in the catagory of one who believes in UFOs. I could not speculate on the origin or source of the objects.

Edited by Motasyco
Apology to Straight Shooter
Ok, from what I read, the main reason the big bang theory doesn't hold up is due to the lack of a unfified theory. those are the pieces that are missing. A lot of those pieces could be filled in over the next couple of years with the collider experiments.

Nothing on that site disputed the fact that the universe is expanding from a point source, or that the big bang theory isn't the most popular among scientists.

Why won't black wholes fit into current gravity theory?

Big Bang is really a misnomer since it's really an expansion rather than an explosion. Expansion is omni-directional like an explosion, yet there are galaxies colliding. Many of them in fact, and even the Milky Way is on a collision course with another galaxy, (can't remember which one).

Black Holes are areas in the center of the galaxies that are of such mass that not even light (photons) can escape its gravity. This mass is far smaller than the entire mass as a whole of the universe, yet we are to believe that this enormous mass was able to negate gravity and expand into the all of the different masses of the universe when it cannot do so from a smaller mass of a Black Hole? That doesn't compute.

One should also understand that science trumpets new theories and whispers their mistakes. They all are competing for grants.

Guest LieutenantDan67

I voted yes. I have never seen anything in the sky I couldn't identify, but I think they exist.

The universe is so huge with billions of galaxies out there that are MUCH older than our own, I think it's nearly impossible for there not to be intelligent life out there. I also think those beings would likely be very advanced and can work around our 'human' laws of physics.