Need a custom barrel for my HK USP "Elite" .45

Guest MarineVet2007

Guest MarineVet2007

First, I would like to say yes I have looked around on the web for a new barrel...I the ones I have contacted tell me they do not make longer barrels and HK also told me I have the longest barrel they make. :confused: What I need is to get a custom barrel made long enough to stick past the slide and be threaded. I do not know of anyone that can do that. Can Anyone help with this?? Much appreciation for your help in advance!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MarineVet2007
I dont know just guessing, but might check to see if a Mark 23 barrel would fit? longer and already threaded.

Sry for the duplicate post. How do I delete?

Edited by MarineVet2007
Guest MarineVet2007
I dont know just guessing, but might check to see if a Mark 23 barrel would fit? longer and already threaded.

Yeah, I'll give you an A for effort lol the big problem is my slide is as long as the 6.2" barrel lol I think the Mk23 has a slightly shorter slide... but a 5.87" barrel I know HK themselves couldn't help me :tinfoil: I have been looking for a barrel for about 2yrs now.. and I can't beleive no one can make a Match grade barrel that will work for my HK USP.... but so far I have nothing lol I mean don't custom gunsmiths do that sort of thing?

Thanks again!!

You should be looking for a gunsmith or business that specializes in barrel making. You might try Tornado Technologies, they do alot of threading and barrel work. It's probably going to cost so much to make a custom barrel you could buy a whole new gun, like a USP-T that is already threaded.

Guest MarineVet2007
You should be looking for a gunsmith or business that specializes in barrel making. You might try Tornado Technologies, they do alot of threading and barrel work. It's probably going to cost so much to make a custom barrel you could buy a whole new gun, like a USP-T that is already threaded.

Thank you! I emailed them today lets see what they say! And yes I have thought about another firearm but I really would like to see this one converted, I do plan on buying a USP Tactical Compact in .45ACP... but I still want to convert this one if at all possible...

Thanks again!

Guest MarineVet2007

Hmm Well Tornado Tech said they can't do that.. they suggested Barsto and Jarvis... Barsto no longer makes barrels for several brands including HK. I called Jarvis a while ago when I 1st started looking (they have no email available for some reason) and they also told me that they do not make custom barrels only replacement barrels... so basically all they can do is give me another 6.2" barrel threaded which will do me no good lol Hmm I can't believe no one can make me a barrel...

This might be a long shot but you may want to check with a guy that just joined TGO called Dolomite Supafly. Just judging by some of his projects he might be able to help. See the link for info on some rifles he did.

Sounds like he also fools around with pistols as well since he talked about converting a 1911 .38 super to a 7.62x25 round in another thread.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/new-member-introductions/37769-introduction.html

Guest MarineVet2007
This might be a long shot but you may want to check with a guy that just joined TGO called Dolomite Supafly. Just judging by some of his projects he might be able to help. See the link for info on some rifles he did.

Sounds like he also fools around with pistols as well since he talked about converting a 1911 .38 super to a 7.62x25 round in another thread.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/new-member-introductions/37769-introduction.html

Great! I will give him a shout and see what he can do!! Thanks!

Guest gcrookston

I doubt anyone makes a barrel for the elite for a suppressor. It's near the same length as a Tactical Barrel. The Tactical has a shorter slide, hence the barrel is threaded. I suspect by the time you get done with the labor costs involved with getting that extra length, milling the chamber block, fitted to your gun, you could have purchased a tactical, or traded for one. They are identical, otherwise, including the lower. A slim chance is to find a complete Tactical upper for a reasonable price.

DSC00202.jpg

HKelite.jpg

The above is an "Expert", which uses the same frame and fire controls as the Elite and Tactical and varies from the Elite only by the type of sights, the USP Match hand fitted barrel, lightened and slightly elongated (about 0.25") slide and USP MATCH barrel. Below is a Tactical fitted with a YHM Suppressor.

Cost-wise today they can all be had within a couple hundred dollars of each other (Tactical $700-900, Expert $750-950, Elite $900-1100)

Edited by gcrookston
Guest bart_p

Even if you were to get it custom made by a smith, there is no guaranteeing the reliability seen in the original barrel aside from the fact that you won't have the HK polygonal rifling that makes them so inherently accurate. To me it seems like a gamble, but it's your money. I hope you get it all squared away to your liking.

Bart

Guest gcrookston
you won't have the HK polygonal rifling that makes them so inherently accurate. To me it seems like a gamble, but it's your money. I hope you get it all squared away to your liking.

Bart

From experience with the Tactical and the Expert, Elite and Match, I have found the the Polygonal barrels at best are over-rated. Just my experience with the Match, which is the only USP platform the I shot that had one.

I've owned Expert(s), an Elite, a Match and kept and still own my Tactical. Of all the USP line up, I find the Tactical the most dynamic, it being a match-grade gun and well suited for silencers. The Navy SEALs, although key in developing the Mk23, have dropped this design in favor of the USP Tactical. It is perhaps the best gun in the line up. The SEALs dropped the Mk23 because of it's size and weight. The Tactical will take Mk23 mags, but the Mk23 will not take the Tactical mags.

Edited by gcrookston
Guest MarineVet2007

well, I am not all too worried about cost wise however, from talking with Dolomite Supafly he has given me some good ideas... but it would be making it a very unique pistol if I could find someone to make me a custom barrel.. I am going to break down and buy a HK USP Tactical Compact in .45ACP my project is getting that elite a longer barrel.. if anyone comes across someone who can or will be willing to do the work please send them my way!!! Thanks in advance.