Review: Condor EMT Rip Away Pouch...

Condor EMT Rip Away Pouch - Link to product <-- Full description on their site and better pictures>

My son's and I dropped by Green's Military and Police Supply on a whim this past weekend and I bumped across this bag. Was really impressed with it so I thought I would mention it here. We bought it for $23 bucks.

It is made by "Condor". I have not heard of them so I am unsure of how long it will last. It will be used used for my son's Diabetic supplies (He's Type I.) so not only is it going to be used everyday (at least four times a day) it's going to be drug all over the place, so later I should be able to let you know how well it is going to hold up. (It looks pretty well made for our uses.)

First off the bag...

bag_size1.jpg

tHo1diWrhwGumQxfJFh0Vg?feat=directlinkbag_side1.jpg

bag_side2.jpg

bag_apart.jpg

It has the molle attachments made on it and allows for you to rip the molle "plate" off the bag. This makes it very handy for me because my son's school backpack has the molle stuff. This allows him to just "rip" the kit off once he gets to school.(Has to leave the kit with the nurse.)

Now for the inside...

It tri-folds out and has the usual elastic stuff to keep things in place as well as pockets.

bag_open.jpg

A close up of the "left panel"...

Two pockets (one with a velco strap), 3 elastic "loops" for stuff as well two "circle loops" in the corners to tie things to.

bag_left_open.jpg

Currently this side is holding:

• "Lantis" insulin pen

• "Naova Log" insulin Pen

• Alcohol Pads & a few bandaids (in the pocket behind elastic)

• Glueclose Tables (Fruit flavored!)

• Glueclose Meter

• Glueclose Strips for meter

• Lancent Pen

A close up of the "middle panel"...

This side has numerous elatstic bands, some sewn on top of each other. The run in the opposite direction and has a pouch behind them.

bag_right_open.jpg

• 2008 Carb Counting Book

• 3 packs of sugar free drink packets for water

• Pen & Carb sheet

• Emergency Glucagon Syringe

The fold out panel...

This part is a zippered mess bag that folds out. It is very easy to flip back into the and zip the kit back up without snagging. I was afraid of that.

bag_left_flap_open.jpg

• Pen Needle Caps

• Lancets

• Extra Alcohol Pads

• A few Syringes

• Couple of extra bandaids

Not shown but also backed in there was a pack of peanut butter and crackers and an 8 oz. orange juice.

Here is the bag attached to my son's backpack.

bag_attached.jpg

We carried the bag all over Opryland hotel all day Saturday and it was with us all day Sunday. It worked very well. Very easy to get in and out of quickly. Nothing spills out. Plus my son loves the "look" of it. (At 13 he considers himself a "Tacical Diabetic"... becuase he can shoot (take insulin) on the move. LOL!!

The bag so far seems to be one of the better bags we have tried to use for this type of thing. Obviouly it is designed with first aid needs in mind but I was impressed how well all our stuff fit in there.

For day to day use some items won't be in there (carb book, so many extra lancets, etc.) We were away at Opryland for teh weekend so we had to carry even more than what was pictured in the kit as well (extra strips, another vile of insulin (we were going to have to replace) addional pen needles, etc.)

Fir the non-diabetic it seems to me this would make a fine bag to keep first aid stuff in for around the house, car or boat. It's pretty easy to lug around and my son attached a strap from another diabetic kit to the "D" rings so he could throw it over his shoulder.

Overall... I really like it. :P

Edited by creeky
Make the pictures show up... ugh.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the review and for the idea. There is a Greene's in Knoxville, too - I think they are actually the same company. I'll have to check and see if they have anything like that. My nephew was diagnosed as diabetic when he was three and, at fifteen, is still kind of self-concious about it, especially when he is around his friends. However, he and his buddies are into Airsoft (they go to large Airsoft battles, etc.) and he likes military-type clothes, gear, etc. so something like this might help him feel better about it. I'm glad to hear that your son has adjusted so well.

dang, I have a 5.11 medical bag about that size that has the straps to attach to my molle bag but it doesn't have webbing on it. I like yours, it is laid out much better than mine.

I almost bought that exact bag from 5.11 a few months ago!! I was just unsure how it would work. It would have worked for him for school and generally through the day but I wanted one that we could pack extra supplies in if we would be out all day and maybe an extra day or two.

So far we're really happy with this one. :rolleyes:

Very cool indeed! That backpack it's attached to looks like a Special Ops Brand T.H.E Pack. Am I right? What did I win? :tinfoil:

Bart

It's from L.A Police Gear... their brand. Bought it on Closeout for $29 bucks plus Shipping. It's pretty well made. Actually better than I thought it would be. I didn't have high hopes for $29 bucks.

It's holding up... "okay". The waist buckle has already broke, to be honest though he caught it in the door jam of the truck but after it broke I could see it was pretty thin plastic. I'm replacing it.

I think it will work find for him, or anyone else that is just lugging the thing here and there. (car to house / house to work, etc.) I wouldn't use it for backpacking (got a kelty coyote for that). Decent kick around bag though in my opinion. Well worth the money we spent for it. And holding up better than any other school backpack I've ever bought him. Usually those don't last the whole year!

====== Edit ======

Just checked... they still have the packs.

Here is a LINK, they are also running 10% off coupon code, even on the closeout stuff.

Black is only color left though

Edited by creeky