Three killed... two wounded in restaurant shooting in California

Guest truejarhead

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah your right. It does need to pass quick. This brings to mind a line in a movie called Best Defense. "The American people need to get together and blow these ------------- away."

Edited by roverboy
Guest Glock23ForMe
Until people wake up and see that something like that happened in a city where they live they will continue to say "That won't happen here."

Agreed.... Totally, also. 90% of the people that "Don't know anything about guns" (<- From Their Mouths) think and believe that allowing HCP holders into restaurants that serve alcohol for immediate consumption will just let anyone tote a gun into a restaurant. Personally, know someone I was talking to this about the other day and he proceeded to tell me "I don't know anything about guns" and then later in the conversation said "Oh Yeah, that's great, let people carry guns and drink and have everyone having guns in a restaurant." Honestly, the general population doesn't read into the views of either party on this matter below the headline. All they read is GUNS ALLOWED IN BARS and don't get any further into the article than that. I mean, they don't know anything about it, and from the headline, which way are you going to sway on the issue if you don't have a HCP and know nothing about guns? Inclined to say, "Hell No," but I know some about guns and about HCP holders so it changes my mind.

Although, it will never change until someone conceals something into a restaurant that serves alcohol for immediate consumption and its full of the "No Gun" idiots and some criminal comes in blasting, and it takes one shot from a good citizen to end the threat. Then, we will see it changed, or whenever the press changes their headlines, but I'll put my money on a UFO landing on a restaurant before the press changes their headlines.

Guest 270win

If you have a license in California, you can carry pretty much anywhere you please. There is no law against carrying in restaurants out there for those with licenses. California has quite a few places, like schools and possibly some public buildings, that are against the law for carrying...but the legislature smartly exempts people with licenses. You are basically like an off duty police officer when you have a license out there and can carry where they can carry. I don't even know of a law that prohibits having a drink...but the sheriff may place a restriction on your license against it...but nothing in the penal code. There is probably a law that prohibits being intoxicated...but just having a beer while you eat isn't against the state law...heck you could go to a ball game out there and have a beer and hot dog and be legal while carrying with a CA license. It is just difficult to get a license in the county where this shooting happened. Unless you own a business...you probably won't get one. LA County is hard to get one. A lot of other counties are much better.

Guest 10mm4me

I have been reading Aristotle in school and he explains how it is impossible to reason with an unreasonable person and that they can only be reached through a system of reward or pain.He compares them to a dog who only understands external stimuli when making decisions. Makes sense with the whole pro/anti gun argument.