Colt 6933

Guest WTDeBerry

Guest WTDeBerry

I know since it's an SBR it might should be in Class III, but considering the question I have I didn't figure it would matter too terribly much.

If I were to take the carry handle off of a Colt 6933 and mount an Aimpoint Micro H-1 onto the rail, would it line up correctly with the front sight, or would I need to mount it higher up on the rail in order for it to co-witness correctly??

Thanks,

WTDeBerry

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gcrookston

it should be OK up and down, but it may be a little off left and right, maybe 1 or 2, even 3 minutes, an easy adjustment with a few bursts...

of course this supposition if accounting for no one having fiddled with the site before you mounting and firing with it..

Edited by gcrookston
Guest bart_p

It will be below the iron sight plane unless you use some sort of adapter. I really like LaRue and Daniel Defense for my Aimpoint mounts and I think they both have a dedicated H1/T1 mount. Now you need to decide whether you want your dot and iron sights on the same plane or to raise your dot above your iron sight plane for a lower 1/3 witness. I personally can't stand to have it all on the same plane, but everyone has their own opinion. Good luck.

Bart

Guest WTDeBerry
Now you need to decide whether you want your dot and iron sights on the same plane or to raise your dot above your iron sight plane for a lower 1/3 witness. I personally can't stand to have it all on the same plane, but everyone has their own opinion. Good luck.

Bart

I may sound a little naive, and I am when it comes to optics seeing as how I am kinda new. But would you, or someone, care to explain to me what exactly a lower 1/3 witness is and what the difference is in this plane and it being on the same plane as the iron sight? Pros, Cons, Etc.?

Guest bart_p

Okay, so the same plane (absolute co-witness) is where your dot in your optic is in perfect alignment with your iron sights. In other words, you would basically be using your irons with a red dot superimposed on the front post (although technically you don't have to line up your irons and the dot, you will naturally with the positioning of it above the bore). To myself and many others, this is too much going on when trying to make quick shots as it takes the benefits of having a red dot away (unless you are using folding back up iron sights in the down position that is). The lower 1/3 co-witness is where you have your dot above your iron sights for a clearer field of view. If your optic were to go down (in combat for arguments sake) then you would simply lower your sight plane to the lower 1/3 of the optic and your iron sights are right there ready to get you back in the fight. Now, here is where the cool part comes in. If you were to go with a lower 1/3 co-witness and you decided to use your irons while your optic was still running, then your dot would be superimposed on the front post just as an absolute co-witness (except it wouldn't be in the center of the optic, it would be in the lower 1/3). The reason for this is that it is a reflex sight, which means that a beam is bounced off of the front glass and reflects back to your eye. As long as you can see through the optic, it doesn't matter where your eye is. The dot will appear to move with you. I hope that I was of some assistance and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Bart

Guest WTDeBerry

Very informative. EVERYTHING I was looking for. Thank you so much.

I may not post often and the reason I do not is because usually when I search around, I find answers very similar to these. This is why, imho, this is THE BEST gun forum ANYWHERE on the internet.

Thanks Again!!